Dizzle

Trafficking!

Ok now this seems like it might be server dependent BUT here's some context:

On the GTA SA-MP ( San Andreas Multiplayer ) RP Server I played on. 

sa_map.jpg

You see the two cities in the bottom? That's San Andreas,

No you see that massive river in the very middle of the map? The one that divides essentially the island on which stands Las Venturas?

That was called Tierra Robada , and it was an INDEPENDENT STATE. So they had a different governor / president than San Andreas. If you went there, you were technically hopping the border. A criminal could flee there to evade police as the SA Police had no Jurisdiction there. 

Now obviously this wasn't how the GTA SA map was laid out upon release, but just wondering

Would there be different "states" so to say in Identity, or will that be more private server based, or community developed? 

Be interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe if your current state in Identity has a corrupt government, just move to the neighboring state. :P

Or traffick drugs over the border for a profit, cause supply and demand. ^-^ 

I love this idea, different states. Different govenors, different head of police and they all need to communicate effectively to get shit done like search warrants, sending someone to prison etc 

On 1/15/2016 at 1:03 AM, A_Few_Asians said:

I love this idea, different states. Different govenors, different head of police and they all need to communicate effectively to get shit done like search warrants, sending someone to prison etc 

I agree I would like to see this too in case some government is corrupt you can always move to another state where things are nicer :) 

Hmmmm, your illustration actually makes me think.....that would be a great way to vastly add onto the map as well. This is a little off-topic but follow me on this, there are several city/state/islands that are all connected by either bridge or tunnel. When you move from one island state to another you are actually traversing servers and once you are on a bridge/tunnel you are locked into a smooth transition "cut scene" until you reach the other side so the switch-over doesn't break immersion. The EU server would be a different map than the US just like you were actually traveling to a different part of the actual world. If you know that you're going to have difficulties playing on a foreign server then you just don't ever go to that part of the world. I know this isn't some new idea, and I'm sure it would generate a ton of extra work for the Devs but wouldn't this be a realistic way to expand the map?

And I'm sorry I'm not trying to take your post off on a radical tangent DIZZLE but you just sparked an idea in my head and I had to mention it.