Sign in to follow this  
uncannierlink

Is Bumping Your Post Allowed?

I see a lot of people bumping their post so it shows up first on the list. Is this allowed? It seems a bit like unnecessary spam.

Edit: ironically this got double posted due to an internet connectivity Issue. @HairyGrenade could you delete the older post of this?

Edited by uncannierlink

I haven't seen any rules against it.

But obviously, it is something that should be kept to the minimum, I'd say.

For posts like businesses and corporations, I'd say it's fine. They want to stay relevant. And show that they are still active. Even though they don't get much traffic in their thread.

Other things like discussions, if no one has replied, and it's fallen off the page. Then I'd also say it's fine. Otherwise, it's probably better to let the discussion run it's course, and leave it at that.

It is frowned upon, really I know some people have been asked to stop doing it and so not particularly.

On 5/13/2017 at 4:19 PM, LuckyDuck said:

It is frowned upon, really I know some people have been asked to stop doing it and so not particularly.

Businesses are typically allowed to do it so they stay relevant and people will come to them because they can see that it's still on the board and is relevant. Just like @Norway174 said. 

8 hours ago, Capped said:

Businesses are typically allowed to do it so they stay relevant and people will come to them because they can see that it's still on the board and is relevant. Just like @Norway174 said. 

Actually well that is true, my apologies.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Actually well that is true, my apologies.

No worries, just a small mistake :)