Debeezep

Bus system ideas

Bear with me because this long reading will be worth it! Now I just posed a topic around if buses are going to be in the game. The answer is yes, city buses and buses that go between cities. I just wanted to add a couple suggestions or ideas for a bus system because I LOVE BUSES! Although I don't want that as my career in real life (I want to become a pilot in real life), I always loved RP-ing them. Unfortunately there are no online games that have buses to RP with until this game! Just a little information, I live in Santa Monica so we have a fairly advance system of buses. So I have some ideas to make the bus system better for passengers and bus drivers (me) to enjoy! I will only be talking about city bus ideas, not between city buses. 

1. Different bus routes - this is an obvious one but this depends on the size of the cities. If the cities are fairly large, it would be great to have 2-3+ routes on the buses.

2. Bus functions - I would love to see some functions including: Putting money into the dispenser to buy a ticket, walking around in the bus, controlling lighting inside the bus, controlling doors, choosing what seat to sit in or standing around.

3. Bus time estimator - Now this one is a fun one. In my city, we have a board showing a route number and its route as well as a screen above it showing the times that the next bus will arrive in. If you guys have the app Transit on your phone, it shows the real-time next bus. So I think there should be a system where it calculates when the next bus will arrive by using some formulas which I don't know what they are. Something to do with how far away the bus is and how long it would take to get the station by using the average speed the bus will drive (here's something to start off with ;) ) But I have an example of what type of "Bus Time estimation" I'm thinking in the file (picture) I have attached.

4. Bus Times - Now I want to leave this open for you guys. How often should the bus go? If it is often, then the majority of buses will most likely be AI. But if it is rare, or enough time for a player bus driver to complete his route and start again, it will be basically player based. I want to have people ride my buses! It will be boring just driving around with no passengers. I think the buses also should go more common around the peak of travel (start of work or end of work hour) and should be pretty rare like maybe once per hour around 2am. Can some one tell me how time will work in game, is it real time or like every minute is 3 seconds long?

5. The famous "Stop Requested" - I don't know if this happens in your city, but whenever someone pulls a cord along the top of the windows there is a "Stop Requested" voice (computer generated voice). This should also illuminate a light on the car panel to let the bus drivers know to stop.

6. Same with #5 but... - But there should be a voice saying where the next stop is to let passengers know instead of having them look at the route and figuring it out.

7. Different bus passes - There should be different bus passes for a greater price. Example: $1.00 one way pass. $7 for an unlimited one day pass. $14 for an unlimited one week pass. $75 for an unlimited month pass. I would like the passenger to tell the bus driver what pass she/he wants so that the bus driver would have to select it manually, more fun!

8. Farebox - use an example of the picture I have attached as an idea for #7

9. Different buses - Now I'm not crazy about this idea and honestly it'll be tooooo much extra work for the devs, but maybe smaller buses for shorter routes and bigger buses for longer routes?

10. Your Ideas - Please write in the comments for any amazing ideas! And if anyone knows the devs personally could you please, please pass this on. It would mean everything for them just to take 5 minutes to read over this. 

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. Have a wonderful day!

blue bus 1.jpg

blue bus 2.jpg

farebox.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RangerMarine said:

4. Bus Times - Now I want to leave this open for you guys. How often should the bus go? If it is often, then the majority of buses will most likely be AI.

Not this, it is player based.... So a player will control the things as you have mentioned and I like it that way instead of AI driving as they won't be roaming ever because players cannot interact with them.

Can some one tell me how time will work in game, is it real time or like every minute is 3 seconds long?

Right now a in-game day is (3 hours day time and 1 hour night.)

9. Different buses - Now I'm not crazy about this idea and honestly it'll be tooooo much extra work for the devs, but maybe smaller buses for shorter routes and bigger buses for longer routes?

I asked about this a long time ago and well I am sure the devs said there will be one size (Well no Double Decker Bus')

oh and nice ideas which some of them are already down on the forum partly. 

my post on my business

Edited by JamesLuck01

Im thinking if this have to be player based. then im sure some players will have some sceduled trips to diffrent citys, maby even a city buss, but lets be realistic, ex a citybuss to drive around 24/7 in every city, how many players do you think that need to be hired in order to have the buss running at all time. and youre talking of several busses in each city and between the citys on diffrent routes. Im not saying its impossible, but serious doubt its something the devs have to program in to the smallest detail., It will be player controlled and those buss companys (that will be player controlled) will set time and place, and then try to find drivers needed.

Regarding the busses, then im sure the devs will look on how a buss work, and will come pretty close to a real buss work.

All great ideas! I do think that there will be more than one bus model, but only for a difference between city buses and coaches.