KarMagick

Physical Activity - Weight/Muscle gain

Not sure if this is already a thing or not, but I think it'd be really nice to see the gym(s) really have a use, if people want to keep their characters in a nice physique they'd have to visit the gym, or simply being physically active. For example a truck driver that's constantly driving isn't getting much excercise compared to a hunter or such.

Good idea? Lemme know

• Like 1

They plan on implementing that after the full release, but not initially! Kind of connecting with this, they also want to try and make it that if you eat too much, then you will gain weight! But again, this won't be added at first! ^_^ 

Edited by Hatoful
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hatoful said:

They plan on implementing that after the full release, but not initially! Kind of connecting with this, they also want to try and make it that if you eat too much, then you will gain weight! But again, this won't be added at first! ^_^ 

Super hyped for this feature! I mean, I know it's only a gym but.. It's all about the realism! :) I can't wait to see groups of people of different heights and body shapes (due to the amount of times they visit the gym and how much they eat). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hatoful said:

Glad to read so! And it's understandable that it won't be there during the beta/modules, it's not a core feature but definitely an interesting one :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fanature said:

Super hyped for this feature! I mean, I know it's only a gym but.. It's all about the realism! :) I can't wait to see groups of people of different heights and body shapes (due to the amount of times they visit the gym and how much they eat). 

Remember The Sims games? Different physiques was able to be implemented into the game, but it seems like height is a lot more difficult. After all, when you're going for realism a character that looks stretched like taffy isn't going to fit in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mentality said:

Remember The Sims games? Different physiques was able to be implemented into the game, but it seems like height is a lot more difficult. After all, when you're going for realism a character that looks stretched like taffy isn't going to fit in.

Agreed. xD 

This makes me wonder. What if people don't have time to hit the gym. Maybe just do sit ups and push ups and home and get your workout from there.

59 minutes ago, Arky said:

This makes me wonder. What if people don't have time to hit the gym. Maybe just do sit ups and push ups and home and get your workout from there.

Or simply if your character has an active lifestyle, where they walk a lot, do other sports than hitting the gym 5 times a week, there's other ways to keep yourself in good shape than the gym!

• Like 1

I am interested in be able to play sports and work out to maintain my character's jacked up body as well. After all, I plan to make my character a cop, and he should look the part. What would really add to the realism is if characters we're slow starters (quick to tire out and can't run for very long).

tiredguymed.gif.f0ef225453cdf8e72ecf1d82

I suppose it shouldn't be too based on gym time, because I mean, people will get chubby or fat. I think contributions such as walking and jogging and simply being a functional human being and eating the right things should benefit physique as well, considering I am 18 years of age, 150lbs, tone, and I don't work out a bit other than work (mind you a truck driver does have some heavy heavy lifting to do, and I don't see many stereotypically fat truck drivers, so I'd like to see physical activities from a manual labor job benefit that as well). I worked fast food, and you'd be suprised how many cuts, burns, and tasks I had to perform to achieve, considering the amount of up to 80lbs items I lifted from place to place during the day, expected to do it quickly. And contrary to typical standard, no, not using a back belt to support the lift, nor acquiring help, due to I didn't need it. Many things should help to keep you fit and tone, but yes, seeing someone's level of activity based on their weight might be good as well. A fat slob comes in in his stained up T-Shirt to apply to work for YOUR business? No thank you :) (sounds brutal but the hiring process is honestly not a kind one sometimes)