facade

Voice Modifier

So I was hoping we could use some sort of voice modifier to go a long with the in game voice chatting system, This would increase immersion into the game and open new doors for roleplaying. 

Either one pre built into the game, or support for using a third party software.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, facade said:

So I was hoping we could use some sort of voice modifier to go a long with the in game voice chatting system, This would increase immersion into the game and open new doors for roleplaying. 

Either one pre built into the game, or support for using a third party software.

How would a voice modifier be any help to the community; I find voice mod's annoying, especially when little children use it .-.

• Like 1

Hmm, good point, I didn't think that one through.

I was thinking like if someone were roleplaying as a person with a different voice than their own.

1 minute ago, facade said:

Hmm, good point, I didn't think that one through.

I was thinking like if someone were roleplaying as a person with a different voice than their own.

that would be cool for people who rob a bank/player/kidnapping for deeper voice..

Or someone that doesn't want to use their real voice with their character? Maybe I'm overestimating the abilities of a voice modifier though.

Edited by facade

I would think the only time a voice modifier would be used is with radios and stuff so it sounds like you're speaking through a walkie talkie

I am not a little kid. But I hate the way my voice comes through on technology... So I would not be against voice mods. They would be great if you were robbing a bank. But perhaps have it as a mask upgrade? But I agree with the statement about the little kids with them...

I love my voice. It is so deep yet so emotional

I can italian-NYC'ish , british accent of the street, scottish, irish, Norwegian person who is bad at english accent, Morgan freeman ( Hard very hard ._. ), Batman, Fat Tony from the Simpsons, Commercial voice, Movie beginning voice, Bear Grylls voice and some few more. Pretty proud.

So I won't need one but sure if there are gonna be squakers then I would want one.

1 hour ago, minipie172 said:

I am not a little kid. But I hate the way my voice comes through on technology... So I would not be against voice mods. They would be great if you were robbing a bank. But perhaps have it as a mask upgrade? But I agree with the statement about the little kids with them...

Human voice chords are capable of changing your voice to some extent. :D

Though in my case if I was to rob a bank I'd probably have to stay silent lol.

-Okay, so someone robbed a bank...

-It could be anyone!

-The robber had a female voice.

-Then we're down to 2 suspects. It's either that little boy who's a total noob or the only female on the server.

• Like 1

Good idea, the one draw back is most voice modding apps (or the like) don't do that good of a job so I think it would kinda break immersion if you can tell the other person is using a voice changer.