Boumu

Steam Greenlight?

Will Identity be available on Steam and will it be greenlit/early access until release? I don't know; just thought it would be cool to see.

Just now, thewildwookiee said:

GreenLight haha i would rather it not to hit steam

Why wouldn't you want it steam? I find the interface more useful to see which of your friends are online, Steam News highlights the latest updates of the game, and I assume Identity will gain more popularity.

Just now, thewildwookiee said:

i like it when a game just has there own launcher

Many games have their own launcher on Steam :) 

Hello there,

Identity will probably not have Early Access as far as I know.. But I however do know that Identity will be released on Steam when it's finished!

Kind regards,
DJScias

• Like 2

Just now, DJScias said:

Hello there,

Identity will probably not have Early Access as far as I know.. But I however do know that Identity will be released on Steam when it's finished!

Kind regards,
DJScias

Just now, KevinLangston said:

It is on steam green light and will be run with steam. 

I like it being run on steam, its more convenient to use with friends, and just to open steam easily while running the game. 

• Like 3

Wait; then this brings up another question.  Will we have to repurchase the game to access it on steam or will current founders receive game keys?

4 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

I like it being run on steam, its more convenient to use with friends, and just to open steam easily while running the game. 

Yeah, plus Steam accepts PaySafeCards (which I use atm because I don't have a bank account) so it's more convienient to use for some people. :D

2 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Wait; then this brings up another question.  Will we have to repurchase the game to access it on steam or will current founders receive game keys?

no i don't believe so i think they will send us the steam key

3 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

You will receive a game key.

1 minute ago, thewildwookiee said:

no i don't believe so i think they will send us the steam key

I don't really think you'll need that. Considering Steam will probably just be a means to enter the game.. Eventually your login will be tied to your passport and not with your CD-key. So the steam version would probably be like a launcher of sorts, I guess.

Kind regards,
DJScias

• Like 1

The Current founders will get steam keys, or etc. They know your account so they will probably have it set up when you click purchase on the game in steam, to log in to your identity account you already have, and it will show if you have a pledge or not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJScias said:

I don't really think you'll need that. Considering Steam will probably just be a means to enter the game.. Eventually your login will be tied to your passport and not with your CD-key. So the steam version would probably be like a launcher of sorts, I guess.

Kind regards,
DJScias

like GTA 5 with the rock star version and steam

1 minute ago, thewildwookiee said:

like GTA 5 with the rock star version and steam

Essentially, yes. Considering they both use the Rockstar Lounge to log in.. Although GTA V Rockstar Lounge version does not give Steam keys.. So then again it is a bit different as well!

Kind regards,
DJScias

I still like how it is compatible with steam so you can shift tab to open chats with friends, a internet browser, really easily. 

• Like 2

Hello there,

To add to the stuff from earlier, just found a tweet from yesterday. It confirms that Steam and non-Steam versions will be the same game with the same account, but just a different means of launching it and how to address your social aspect (Steam Overlay).

Kind regards,
DJScias