Arlmar

Clothing disguises.

Soo, I was reading through the commonly asked questions and I came across a fact I have known for a rather long time now. You can't steal peoples clothes. Then it occurred to me. That is a huge missed opportunity. What if a murder is in a building with CCTV. A good concept would be to take his victims clothes to increase his chances of getting out unnoticed. I am aware of the reasons behind this rule and I completely agree with them, however most clothes aren't a one of a kind thing and can be easily replaced.

2 minutes ago, Arlmar said:

Soo, I was reading through the commonly asked questions and I came across a fact I have known for a rather long time now. You can't steal peoples clothes. Then it occurred to me. That is a huge missed opportunity. What if a murder is in a building with CCTV. A good concept would be to take his victims clothes to increase his chances of getting out unnoticed. I am aware of the reasons behind this rule and I completely agree with them, however most clothes aren't a one of a kind thing and can be easily replaced.

perhaps they can only take clothes when they have a warrant or have recently killed someone?

or maybe the murderer could have another set of clothes on him and change afterwards or something

4 minutes ago, KavMan said:

or maybe the murderer could have another set of clothes on him and change afterwards or something

I am aware that that is very much a possibility but imagin the puzzled look on an investigators face when he sees his victim walking out of the crime scene.

1 minute ago, KittyDeKarebu said:

perhaps they can only take clothes when they have a warrant or have recently killed someone?

No, you can't steal clothes. Upon death you lose all things you had on you but clothing, it stays with you.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to change clothes though! Like if you kill someone you can go hide somewhere and just change your outfit into something different. Not sure if you could change clothes like in GTA V, as in you always have them on you and can change outfits whenever, but if not you'll probably be able to store them in your inventory.

You can also wear a mask but that's just additional info.

I kind of agree with Identity's decision of not having police being able to go undercover on duty because I've seen this happen in so many games and as a black market dealer or an illegal purchaser of fire arms it is almost impossible to get things going the way you want it without having undercover's around you 24/7.

Buut if you guys have ever watched American Heist; I really loved the ending :) That's the kind of game play I wish to see.

9 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

I kind of agree with Identity's decision of not having police being able to go undercover on duty because I've seen this happen in so many games and as a black market dealer or an illegal purchaser of fire arms it is almost impossible to get things going the way you want it without having undercover's around you 24/7.

Buut if you guys have ever watched American Heist; I really loved the ending :) That's the kind of game play I wish to see.

If police could go undercover Willy nilly then there would be absolutely no uniform officers and all the criminals wouldnt stand a chance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arlmar said:

If police could go undercover Willy nilly then there would be absolutely no uniform officers and all the criminals wouldnt stand a chance.

Yeah. It's good that it works both ways- cops can't be fake civilians and civilians can't be fake cops.

Hello there,

I suppose it's probably to create a balance between both factions so they're not overpowered in any sort of ways..

HOWEVER, I do think private servers will probably still make 'undercover' units that are basically civilians that snitch or help the police out like vigilantes.. But hey, that's what I think.. Depends on the community that runs it probably!

Kind regards,
DJScias

29 minutes ago, DJScias said:

Hello there,

I suppose it's probably to create a balance between both factions so they're not overpowered in any sort of ways..

HOWEVER, I do think private servers will probably still make 'undercover' units that are basically civilians that snitch or help the police out like vigilantes.. But hey, that's what I think.. Depends on the community that runs it probably!

Kind regards,
DJScias

I think something like "undercover cop" might be a Bounty Hunter if it's going to be a separate profession. You probably won't have an uniform or any form of indication that you're a BH, but can still "arrest" criminals that are on the most wanted list.

I like the idea of this, but maybe you can have extra clothes in a backpack and change after committing a crime. 

• Like 2