Sign in to follow this  
Judgement

How do you become a moderator?

I was just wondering due to the release of this game releasing in early 2017 (hopefully), I was wondering if there is a way to apply for Moderator for the game on the official servers and they could help keep things in balance. (May not be needed though but would be cool)

Edited by Judgement

7 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

You cannot, especially two people who haven't been here five minutes.

what do you mean, ive been here 5 days. 

6 minutes ago, chuck_01272003 said:

He mean's someone who hasn't been here very long and doesn't know as much about the game and forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

You cannot, especially two people who haven't been here five minutes.

Lulz but true enough.

1 hour ago, chuck_01272003 said:

Besides of that fact they won't let anyone be moderator outside of people they know on a more personal level. They don't need any more moderators anyway, Hairy can handle things quite fine on his own.

On 26/01/2017 at 8:34 PM, Kickapoo said:

Besides of that fact they won't let anyone be moderator outside of people they know on a more personal level. They don't need any more moderators anyway, Hairy can handle things quite fine on his own.

Well, I reduce the amount on the forum that he has to do, which I am glad I do.

Well honestly, the forum is well disciplined compared to others (steam ones being the worst) so i don't think anymore moderators are necessary atm

I don't think most of you have realized that the staff on here has previous experience and developement with people and the company Asylum.

Having a person who moderates an official server whom is not part of the company is kind of un-moral wise. I am not doubting experience in staffing ( Gmod- gta rp - list goes on ) but Be reasonable. Staffing is very, very serious for an official server but you can become a staff member within a private or unofficial server due it does not influence the PR of the company.

It is also weird having freelancing moderators to watch over the official sever when other developers and staff members that helps the game whether it is debugging, V.A or consulting yet you have people who have no reason to actually staff other than giving the reasons of " I want to help the community out" or " I have too much time" etc. 

If you want to get hired or work as an moderator / staff member send Asylum an email regarding experience and resume. This is a real company not an unofficial community that runs shit for fun. 

What I am about to say will be correct and also incorrect in the same way. When you staff for a long period of time you become less serious because it is not work and no, the comment " I think of this as my job :) " doesn't really apply to it. Moderating a heavy-af RP server which is official is pretty damn stressing as people are depending you staying neutral all the time and that is impossible. Which is basic as people can be douches too but still just think about I could write more but I just got bored. Anyhow,

Have a nice day.

• Like 1