Dizzle

Billboards!

I know Identity will allow you to make your own business, so why not have some billboards posted around town? You can come up and purchase a billboard for a certain period of time. Like until you quit the server for example. You could draw something in the in game drawing program thing (Same one used to make paintings ;D) and put it up on a billboard. 

The only problem with this are the griefers who will most likely draw a penis or something.. You could have the admins on the server view the billboard design and approve it before it goes up on a billboard. Would only take like 5 seconds to look at it and say "yes".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Do you know if billboards will be drawn/designed by the player who purchased it or will it be pre-selected designs and fonts for the board?

Not really, there are only 2 tweets about billboards, I skipped the other one because it was "Maybe in the future, we're not sure". Since you can make your own logos, paintings, design clothes etc you'll most likely be able to design your billboards. Maybe even hire someone to do it for you if you lack the abilities or are simply too lazy. ^u^

I would love to see player made businesses on billboards around the world. Would be cool to get your name out there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vix said:

Not really, there are only 2 tweets about billboards, I skipped the other one because it was "Maybe in the future, we're not sure". Since you can make your own logos, paintings, design clothes etc you'll most likely be able to design your billboards. Maybe even hire someone to do it for you if you lack the abilities or are simply too lazy. ^u^

I just hope the designs are not pixelated like in ark, look at the edges you can see the forms of the pixel; I understand it is like this so it can render faster and use less resources but it just looks really ugly like this...

qdaCBEe.png

The use of advertising would be essential for politics, projects, artists, organizations, businesses etc. in Identity I would imagine some ideas around it, billboards, posters, streetart etc.

It would be ever changing in the world. For example billboards can be bought and expensive depending on where in the gameworld (city £$£$ - town £$ - cityside £) it is put up or already set up spots? Posters is cheap but will still need to be manufactured. Streetart is free but illegal or not, special spots where it could be painted or free to do anywhere, not that it would be recommended, both for crime tags or revolution against the authority.

Everything for pure prestige to become a famous face or creating a more known business.

Edited by fuzz