Sign in to follow this  
uncannierlink

The "Benefits" of Doing Drugs.

On 16/01/2017 at 2:02 AM, uncannierlink said:

As in, an Extra Zoom.

Nah, I knew what you meant. I just thought it sounded ridiculous  

3 hours ago, samrichardsonn said:

Nah, I knew what you meant. I just thought it sounded ridiculous  

Similar to Arma's zoom. Not that ridiculous if it's executed correctly.

6 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Similar to Arma's zoom. Not that ridiculous if it's executed correctly.

I think I'm just looking at it in a different way. I think for the exact drug heroin, which is opiate based it should perform some form of health advantage, feel less pain etc 

17 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Do you want a Identity to be a game where no players use drugs?

Erm no, it's just I think you're wrong because people would still use them if they did shit all, as people love the idea of using illegal substances within a virtual world.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 11:23 AM, Kickapoo said:

Erm no, it's just I think you're wrong because people would still use them if they did shit all, as people love the idea of using illegal substances within a virtual world.

Not when they cost a shitload of in game money. Maybe if they were free, but that's a hole other issue.

If you want proof to my claim, look at Atlas Life. People barely use drugs in that game and literally no one buys them from other players. People just grind it to make money and sell it to an AI drug dealer. The players didn't want to waste money on drugs when it serves them no benefit and ONLY has downsides when they could use that money to buy a shiny new gun or car.

On 1/18/2017 at 10:03 AM, samrichardsonn said:

I think I'm just looking at it in a different way. I think for the exact drug heroin, which is opiate based it should perform some form of health advantage, feel less pain etc 

That is a fair point. I agree. Maybe meth means you don't have an aim-punch when you get hit (or gives you an aim boost now that I think about it, as amphetamines generally increase your reaction time and make you stay awake longer). What you said makes a lot more sense though.

• Like 1