Dizzle

Are you SURE there's no grinding aspect?..

I know that Identity frowns upon grinding like a generic mmorpg but I was thinking.. If my character gets fat from eating too much, won't I have to grind at the gym to lose all that weight?..

Or what about if I want to get an apartment.. Wouldn't I have to grind the same thing for hours on end to make enough money to buy one?... How will this work?.. 

On a side note, I'm very curious how the economy will work in Identity.. I don't have enough real world money to pre-purchase living quarters, but I don't want to be homeless obviously.. How long will I have to work to get enough money to buy an apartment in Identity? :o 

There definitely will be in-game aspects that you can grind- probably if you want to upgrade your career trait you'll have to do action X Y number of times, but unlike other games- in Identity grinding will be optional. In most MMORPGs you have to grind because a quest tells you to or because your level is too low for a quest, and you don't have much to do apart from questing or crafting. In Identity you can do whatever- watch a movie, hangout at a cafe, sing at karaoke club, dance, rob a bank, kidnap a wealthy lawyer, paint, learn how to play a guitar, go to a party etc. If you want to achieve something fast and you feel like you MUST have that thing- you can grind, but you really don't have to and the game won't force you to focus on one task.

You won't be homeless from the start. :D You'll get a "newbie apartment", probably something small and basic with one bed, a shower, a toilet, a fridge, a wardrobe and some cupboards. Since apartments and houses also work as storages, new players would be at a huge disadvantage if they started as homeless people! Remember that when you die you drop everything you had on you (except for clothes), but all the things left at your house/apartment are always safe.

So far the beginning looks like THIS.

Edited by Vix
  • Like 1

I WANT TO AGE! I DON'T WANT TO BECOME GOD OF CALAMITY FOREVER! SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE MY PLACE! 

Like I want to be like a bit old with slick gray hair. Yes. This would fit me perfectly after decades of running the city. Lmao

8 minutes ago, TheShadowLeaf said:

I just wanna grind and become the richest in the land ;)

You are a smaller but more greedy version of me. I like it. Want a job?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlyingDuck said:

You are a smaller but more greedy version of me. I like it. Want a job?

;) Sure thing farmer duck! ahaha

Just now, TheShadowLeaf said:

;) Sure thing farmer duck! ahaha

The farming thing is just a forum title. Dunno how they work but my crime syndicate works better. ( No offense lmao ) 

So if you want a job as bouncer, driver or really mostly anything then sure. I can fix it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vix said:

There definitely will be in-game aspects that you can grind- probably if you want to upgrade your career trait you'll have to do action X Y number of times, but unlike other games- in Identity grinding will be optional. In most MMORPGs you have to grind because a quest tells you to or because your level is too low for a quest, and you don't have much to do apart from questing or crafting. In Identity you can do whatever- watch a movie, hangout at a cafe, sing at karaoke club, dance, rob a bank, kidnap a wealthy lawyer, paint, learn how to play a guitar, go to a party etc. If you want to achieve something fast and you feel like you MUST have that thing- you can grind, but you really don't have to and the game won't force you to focus on one task.

You won't be homeless from the start. :D You'll get a "newbie apartment", probably something small and basic with one bed, a shower, a toilet, a fridge, a wardrobe and some cupboards. Since apartments and houses also work as storages, new players would be at a huge disadvantage if they started as homeless people! Remember that when you die you drop everything you had on you (except for clothes), but all the things left at your house/apartment are always safe.

tumblr_m5exk4aSkI1qh2o7zo1_500.gif.2e796

I approve of this post! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vix said:

Damn. I need to pay more attention to Twitter.

1 minute ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Damn. I need to pay more attention to Twitter.

Or you can ask me :D

1 minute ago, Vix said:

"Hey Vix, is there anything I need to pay attention to on Twitter?"

1 minute ago, Vix said:

Oh! I just had the best idea! You could start some kind of Forum blog where you mention everything the dev team has tweeted in the last week!
I know. My parents think I'm gifted too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrFelixPhD said:

"Hey Vix, is there anything I need to pay attention to on Twitter?"

Hm, artwork, screenshots... Only stuff I don't save up.

They tweeted a while ago that they'd like it if community members made a wikia about IdentityRPG, I guess the tweets will help in the future.

1 minute ago, Vix said:

They tweeted a while ago that they'd like it if community members made a wikia about IdentityRPG, I guess the tweets will help in the future.

And the dev blogs too :3

13 minutes ago, Vix said:

Even if the release date for the beta was written at the top of every page people would still ask

1 minute ago, Kickapoo said:

Even if the release date for the beta was written at the top of every page people would still ask

Yeah, that's why I have multiple answers to the same question in my bookmark, just to spam the person asking with them so they'll feel stupid for not knowing it and use google next time. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlyingDuck said:

I WANT TO AGE! I DON'T WANT TO BECOME GOD OF CALAMITY FOREVER! SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE MY PLACE! 

Like I want to be like a bit old with slick gray hair. Yes. This would fit me perfectly after decades of running the city. Lmao

That'd be cool if you "died from old age" and you get to create a new character and your old character's items are passed down to you.

13 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

That'd be cool if you "died from old age" and you get to create a new character and your old character's items are passed down to you.

No, I don't want to be an old stripper D: Eugh!

Just now, Vix said:

No, I don't want to be an old stripper D: Eugh!

You can always be a cougar hunting for young men

21 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

You can always be a cougar hunting for young men

Ew. :c

I am also wondering how much grinding will the game have.
I dont mind working for my items but at the same time I dont want to waste months for it
BUT if I do have all the items I could possibly have the game would get boring real quick.
So there is a lot of balacing the devs have to work on

Edited by Fabulous

I think it's okay to have to grind sometimes if you want something. It's optional and you will get a higher / better career and more expensive stuff :)

~ Cayn