Alex

Leave Game

Hello,

I was reading over the crime section of the forum and I came across a thread about assassination that got me thinking. What would happen if a player left the game while in a very dangerous situation, i.e. being kidnapped and such? Would that person disappear and join back in the same position or would that person just freeze and remain there? I imagine this will be very controversial in the replies so I'd love to hear each of your opinions.

They had a solution to this implemented to arma Atlis life, when you wanted to log out, you had to wait 30 seconds, or if they were kidnapped or handcuffed they wouldn't be able to leave without syncing there account. If they Alt F4, it would desync them and make them lose progress

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BluePandaIta said:

Maybe they could make it so that you can only exit in your home

I believe I read somewhere that there is a sync feature which is implemented or going to be, and I also think I read that it will be activated when you lay in your bed in your house/appartment.

but that might've been only being able to logout by laying in your bed also.

Edited by AaronJames
Added Info

Oh this was a bitch back in arma 2 and 3 people would go about doing there crime causing havoc but once you stunned them they instantly alt f4 even when that was disabled they would have task manger open and do it that way.. then re log 5 minutes later.. thankfully they would get banned for fail rp.. some even had auto jail script if you did it.

But then you go the usual excuse that there game had crashed or lost connection when you'd know its bs.. if they don't add some kind of system to prevent.. dissconecting pulling the plug or using task manger to force close the game.. they need a punishment or an auto jail system.. and explain why they've been playing the game for awhile and had no problems until getting caught... But anyway arma series had a real pain with this..   some people will even abuse the lose progress system they will be just back at the last time they saved they will just get a gun again and repeat..

Edited by Joe

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Oh this was a bitch back in arma 2 and 3 people would go about doing there crime causing havoc but once you stunned them they instantly alt f4 even when that was disabled they would have task manger open and do it that way.. then re log 5 minutes later.. thankfully they would get banned for fail rp.. some even had auto jail script if you did it.

But then you go the usual excuse that there game had crashed or lost connection when you'd know its bs.. if they don't add some kind of system to prevent.. dissconecting pulling the plug or using task manger to force close the game.. they need a punishment or an auto jail system.. and explain why they've been playing the game for awhile and had no problems until getting caught... But anyway arma series had a real pain with this..   some people will even abuse the lose progress system they will be just back at the last time they saved they will just get a gun again and repeat..

The game would need to sync all the time other wise people will just abuse the system they will go out buy a gun do whatever when they die they will just quit end relog to be back at where they were before going and getting the gun again etc because they'll have there money back... Money needs to be syncd server side constantly 

50 minutes ago, Joe said:

The game would need to sync all the time other wise people will just abuse the system they will go out buy a gun do whatever when they die they will just quit end relog to be back at where they were before going and getting the gun again etc because they'll have there money back... Money needs to be syncd server side constantly 

I doubt it would work like that the sync system will probably be a lot more in depth then a simple sync system especially on official servers.

Also that would be classed as RDM and would most likely cause a long-term to permanent ban for Trolling/Minging and abusing game mechanics.

Edited by AaronJames

Im trying to look at this from another perspective, what if someone legitimately has to go for an IRL situation how do they deal with that, because I don't find it fair that they should be punished for having to go IRL(provided they aint abusing the system). IK ppl will quote me and give me the standard they should have planned ahead but  keep in mind we don't always have control over RL and it is more important than any game so we shouldnt ban someone for that

On 12/16/2016 at 9:39 PM, Alpha said:

They had a solution to this implemented to arma Atlis life, when you wanted to log out, you had to wait 30 seconds, or if they were kidnapped or handcuffed they wouldn't be able to leave without syncing there account. If they Alt F4, it would desync them and make them lose progress

This is normal for many games. It is almost needed in a game when one can progress and get better gear over time. 

Edited by Hanshi-Toshiro

Could your avatar remain on the server after DC'ing? Imagine this in a kidnap situation... You get kidnapped, leave the server, come back several hours later and find yourself in someone's dungeon. You struggle to free yourself only to realize you have no idea where you are. If that isn't RP enough for you then I don't know what is. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luck said:

Im trying to look at this from another perspective, what if someone legitimately has to go for an IRL situation how do they deal with that, because I don't find it fair that they should be punished for having to go IRL(provided they aint abusing the system). IK ppl will quote me and give me the standard they should have planned ahead but  keep in mind we don't always have control over RL and it is more important than any game so we shouldnt ban someone for that

They will most likely talk or type out of character 

13 hours ago, Luck said:

You can talk OOC with the people involved in the rp situation and ask them to let you go, and if they see that you don't actually leave the server they can report you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BluePandaIta said:

You can talk OOC with the people involved in the rp situation and ask them to let you go, and if they see that you don't actually leave the server they can report you

well said. I think people should have a limit, if they get captured more than once maybe the second time they cannot leave, because maybe the man being kidnapped dosnt even have anything going on in real life. He's just using it as an excuse. 

Edited by Hanshi-Toshiro

On 12/17/2016 at 7:48 AM, BluePandaIta said:

People will just pretend they have to go IRL so they can escape. I like your previous idea where they can only leave the game at their house.

52 minutes ago, Bud1lite said:

But not everyone will have a house  for awhile though right?

Not everyone no, but they will have to stay at a hotel instead if they want a safe haven.

On 08/01/2017 at 9:50 PM, Calico said:

I like your previous idea where they can only leave the game at their house.

This wouldn't work really if they don't have the apartment or house and that's why you should be able to disconnect anywhere as long as someone is not insight of you.

That don't include being kidnapped e.g. ziptied

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1