QuannTann

Wildlife Protection

So it occurred to me while watching a video about the overview of Identity. At the timestamp 8:43 the video shows a player out in the woods shooting a deer ( https://youtu.be/ZQeuc7fAYyQ?t=523 ), that meaning that hunting is an available option as a hobby to the players making me think that they might need to acquire the proper licenses and tags in order to hunt said animals.

The Idea:

Now in real life there are Officers who are in charge of checking these licenses and stopping illegal hunters or poachers, etc., these officers are called Conservation Officers, or Game Wardens. 

So my idea basically is that players who choose to join the Law Enforcement can also choose whether they want to work in the city as a patrol officer or out in the backwoods as a Game Warden. Although if they do, the player will have to become familiar with the local wildlife as well as the rules that the governor (or server admins) put in place for hunting. As well they will have to become familiar with what licenses people must have on them when they are out hunting or fishing.

Background:

Wardens have the utmost authority when it comes to what happens in the woods. For example, if you are out fishing a Warden can come along and ask you for your license, or if you are driving and he suspects that you just got back from fishing he can check your license and your catch, all of course without having to have a search warrant on you.

A better example is that if you are out hunting, even if you are on your own private property, a Warden can enter without a warrant solely because they believe that what you are doing could possibly be illegal. It's also prominent that if the Warden believes that you have been 'baiting' an animal (Putting out food to attract the animal for an easier hunt) you can be fined and even jailed, as well as in a worst case scenario, asked to forfeit over all your hunting gear including your gun.

A Warden can do all of this because if you are out hunting or fishing, you are doing so to animals that 'belong to the state'. Sure it sounds a bit totalitarian, but it is the truth, and if you don't have the proper papers to do these things then you can get into deep trouble.

Gameplay:

Gameplay wise I believe that Game Wardens will make it more difficult for those who are driving around out in the woods trying to smuggle drugs or what have you, simply because the whole excuse of "We were just out hunting," won't fly very well if they don't have their licenses, or if the guns that they own aren't the correct ones for the animal that they are hunting.

Now I recognize that this may seem a bit extreme for a game like Identity, and we don't even know if hunting will be an in-depth thing, or even if there will be licenses for such things as hunting or fishing. 

But it's just an idea. 

(If you notice any grammatical errors do message me about them and I will try and change them as soon as I can! Thank you.)

(If you'd like to read up on them yourselves here's a few links: http://www.gamewardenedu.org/what-is-a-game-warden/ , http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2014/08/do-game-wardens-have-the-same-powers-as-police-officers.html)

Plus I mean who wouldn't want to drive around in a badass truck

14485517727_51db23918b.jpg

Also even at that, they don't just use trucks, they also have access to boats, ATV's, and even horses!

Update:

B_iiYswUYAEdAx-.jpg

So I finally went on twitter and grabbed this map and after observing for approximately, ten minutes or so, I have come to the conclusion that we might need more than a few offroad trucks. I see a Marsh and that tells me it's airboat time and I see a mountain and that means it's snowmobile time! But  more importantly, I see that there is quite a 'few' bits of woodland here, as well as quite a 'bit' of water, leading me further to my conclusion that a Park Ranger or a Conservation officer may be of some use to keep the island of Identity safe! :) 

Also, on a side note as a far more personal opinion, this island looks awesome. Credit where credit is due, this looks great!

Edited by QuannTann
Updated with a map.
  • Like 3

I doubt they are planning to have this system at beta or launch, but it would be a nice feature to add later on. And in the meantime it would be cool if just regular cops would be able to do this.

3 hours ago, Ubbe said:

I doubt they are planning to have this system at beta or launch, but it would be a nice feature to add later on. And in the meantime it would be cool if just regular cops would be able to do this.

I wouldn't think that they'd have it for a while after launch, but hey here's hoping.

If regular Police are able to do this, then here's another idea: Give the regular cops some all-terrain vehicles!

Especially since we won't have any helicopters to help scout the woods and if criminals decide to hide out in the thick of it, it will take forever for our cruisers to try and crawl out there. So in comes the idea of giving the regular law enforcement a few ATV's or some Gators (Or a Polaris, whatever you want to call it).

1 hour ago, QuannTann said:

I wouldn't think that they'd have it for a while after launch, but hey here's hoping.

If regular Police are able to do this, then here's another idea: Give the regular cops some all-terrain vehicles!

Especially since we won't have any helicopters to help scout the woods and if criminals decide to hide out in the thick of it, it will take forever for our cruisers to try and crawl out there. So in comes the idea of giving the regular law enforcement a few ATV's or some Gators (Or a Polaris, whatever you want to call it).

Damn helicopters would have been so amazing, nothing is more frightening than trying to hide from a helicopter in the woods. Too bad that they have confirmd that there will be no air vehicles tho.

4 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

Damn helicopters would have been so amazing, nothing is more frightening than trying to hide from a helicopter in the woods. Too bad that they have confirmd that there will be no air vehicles tho.

I'm sure it could be just as frightening hearing a Gator in the distance and the sound of dogs barking, as you try and run through the dense woodland only to get your leg caught in some poison ivy! ;) 

• Like 1

This is a lovely idea because it expands the legal/LEO roleplay so those who would like to roleplay as simple police officers or detectives won't feel overwhelmed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

@QuannTann, I really like this idea, I'll forward this over to Motown and see what he thinks!

Wow! That's awesome!

I'm so glad that I took the hours to write this and it is actually getting acknowledged! That's truly amazing! :D 

Thank you so much @HairyGrenade

8 hours ago, Herzog said:

Here is a link to my topic on this i made a while ago, has a reply from Motown which you may find interesting :)

Oh, Awesome! I wish I would've found that earlier, as before choosing to use the Game warden I thought about making one for the park Ranger. Now I'm glad I didn't as that would've been repetitive.xD

Plus, that's awesome that Motown confirmed that! I hope that they take mine into consideration as well! 

But I could see that if this 'specific' job doesn't get added , that I would probably play as a ranger! 

Difference:

However, I would also like for it to be said that in the case of Game Warden/Conservation Officer v. Park Ranger that if it came down to how the two operate differently, that the Warden has a bit more power over a Park Ranger. Not to tarnish your idea of course as I think it would be a lovely job to work as a ranger, but I just want it to be known that a CE works as a fully sworn police officer while a Ranger works for the National park service as a hired Ranger. Also, a Game Warden is in control of a larger area of land than a Park Ranger who is in control of a designated park! 

I just wanted to clarify @Herzog I'm not saying yours is bad, I just want to make sure that y'all know that there is a difference between the two! :) 

Edit: Also if anyone finds out that this or the Park Ranger are for sure going to be implemented, please tell me so I can make a change in my Bio and on my signature! Thank you so very much gents, and have a wonderful day!

Edited by QuannTann
  • Like 1