illusion

What's the age rating for this game?

Question

Hi, what's the age rating for this game?  Is it 18 like GTA?  Is there going to be boyfriends / girlfriends, etc?  Thank you

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

Hey there @illusion, the age rating will be 18+ and you can date as well as get married.

That's great.  Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Pixie said:

The age rating is kinda sad to hear but understandable. 

Why? This should be aged 18 or rated M (17)

@JamesLuck01

I agree. Reason being is as it is a role-play orientated game, there will be plenty of inappropriate content being committed by other players. Language is one of them, some topics around certain people may be derogatory, "dark", or toxic in general and isn't really appropriate for younger audiences. While this may not seem like much of anything to a lot of players, with reasons such as "It's the internet" and "It happens all the time, I know some that take part in it", it doesn't excuse that we should enable them to do so.

Plus there is always the potential for certain criminal-orientated role-play to turn a dark corner, such as triads trying to play the "realistic" role of chopping people up and/or brutally torturing people. Plus the opportunity to purchase, use and sell drugs in a role-play and gameplay fashion; and while it doesn't bother me simply because I'm an adult whose experienced a lot of these kinds of role-play, it shouldn't be around youth.

So an age rating of that is more than fair in my opinion, even though it'll probably do very little to prevent youth from actually playing; at least it shows that the devs don't support youth playing it.

To be honest, judging by the OP"will there be boyfriends and girlfriends"I don't think he quite understands what this game is..

I'd of thought it would be R16 (at least here in NZ) cause most games with violence, drugs, swears are rated that. The only reason GTA V is R18 is because of sex, which isn't present in Identity (sadly ;) )

14 hours ago, DoctorFosterGloster said:

I'd of thought it would be R16 (at least here in NZ) cause most games with violence, drugs, swears are rated that. The only reason GTA V is R18 is because of sex, which isn't present in Identity (sadly ;) )

No, because Call Of Duty is rated 18 mostly for violence, it really depends on the stuff. Someone under the age of 18 knows why actions have consequences and are more mature and drugs, violence and being able to roleplay as a physco is not a good thing to allow "under 16" to do. You have to keep in mind kids can easily persuade their parents a R16 game is ok and nothing bad, but R18 is a lot harder as they know its for a reason which will make them think more (my opinion - I don't know how to explain it more clearly if you don't understand this).