Thecop34

players should lose everything once they get killed in game!

hi, guys i want to say that players should lose there houses,guns,money,property,cars once they get shot by a bullet by a gun because players will start to treat there charecters more seriosly, but lets say they died by a car accident or fist fight or anything else that isnt a bullet thet should lose the money on there pockets only. THATS THE ONLY WAY TO CONTROL PLAYERS TO PLAY ROLE PLAY ALL TIME

I don't like this idea. Although this is supposed to be a real life simulator, a line has to be drawn somewhere.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nicki said:

I don't like this idea. Although this is supposed to be a real life simulator, a line has to be drawn somewhere.

same here

Not only will it mean players will get sick of it and leave after continuously losing stuff, rebuilding, losing etc etc but also the minute you get unfairly killed then you've lost everything for no reason. 

Edit: Although you should definitely lose weapons that you have on you when killed.

Edited by Levster
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Levster said:

Not only will it mean players will get sick of it and leave after continuously losing stuff, rebuilding, losing etc etc but also the minute you get unfairly killed then you've lost everything for no reason. 

Edit: Although you should definitely lose weapons that you have on you when killed.

guys if weapons were band that means guns will be hard to find them then there will be really low low killings and detectives will have shifts to go confiscate the weapons on the map

3 hours ago, Thecop34 said:

hi, guys i want to say that players should lose there houses,guns,money,property,cars once they get shot by a bullet by a gun because players will start to treat there charecters more seriosly, but lets say they died by a car accident or fist fight or anything else that isnt a bullet thet should lose the money on there pockets only. THATS THE ONLY WAY TO CONTROL PLAYERS TO PLAY ROLE PLAY ALL TIME

the way that you are suggesting that players will just RDM at will

on this sort of game it is unlikely

additionally

I would not play this if this happens because the odds of getting murdered would be high if the servers cops are bad

it would further encourage trolls to just murder you because "LOL he lost everything HA HA HA"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tomato said:

the way that you are suggesting that players will just RDM at will

on this sort of game it is unlikely

additionally

I would not play this if this happens because the odds of getting murdered would be high if the servers cops are bad

it would further encourage trolls to just murder you because "LOL he lost everything HA HA HA"

nah because the first i step on the game all my money will be dealing with Guns and ammo thats it, i will buy a small apartment really shit one and just go and get the guns to go after people like you ;) HAHAHAHAHA

5 minutes ago, Thecop34 said:

nah because the first i step on the game all my money will be dealing with Guns and ammo thats it, i will buy a small apartment really shit one and just go and get the guns to go after people like you ;) HAHAHAHAHA

would you like a job to help buy guns

because we have positions available for Bodyguards in the LPU

Just go to

http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/2897-the-liberal-progress-union/

you send Pine a message

1 hour ago, Tomato said:

would you like a job to help buy guns

because we have positions available for Bodyguards in the LPU

Just go to

http://www.identityrpg.com/community/topic/2897-the-liberal-progress-union/

you send Pine a message

nah ill pass, ill get my own guns cause im a kind of a lone wolf player so take a note that im against you in identity because your my rivals and we all want guns so problems will happen between us ;) 

3 hours ago, Thecop34 said:

So you want permanent death by what this post is about and from this quoted reply to a guy, you sound like a troll who wants to kill people just to make them lose everything.

• Like 2

I don't think op would like this if he kept dying and lost everything he worked hard to get. He is saying it now but would realize it was a really bad idea.

Edited by FishFace
  • Like 1

dude that would mean literaly no progression. in identity the roof is pretty high, you can go all the way from homeless to millionare buisiness owner, that could take WEEKS of time to acomplish. so you're probobly never going to get there if you loose your life with every death, that and perma death would just not work in identity. i couldnt play a game i loose all my progression on so easily.

sorry for grammar /spelling

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jabba_the_slut said:

dude that would mean literaly no progression. in identity the roof is pretty high, you can go all the way from homeless to millionare buisiness owner, that could take WEEKS of time to acomplish. so you're probobly never going to get there if you loose your life with every death, that and perma death would just not work in identity. i couldnt play a game i loose all my progression on so easily.

sorry for grammar /spelling

are u stupid read what the hell i said. i said if someone died by a bullet by a gun they should lose their life and guns like the devs said guns will be hard to find them

I understand where you're coming from, in a serious roleplay environment on a developed character, if you were to get shot or died in some way, having that player come back, simply forgetting the last few minutes prior and during the incident ruins RP when that character sees or interacts with people who knew him and knew what happened to him. In Garry's Mod, not sure if it's the same elsewhere, it's usually referred to as the "New Life Rule" but it can be really awkward trying to play it off as if it doesn't happen, most who regard the killing will say it was just "some guy they knew" but at the end of the day all parties know who died and it can be a bit cringey for some.

I'm no fan of NLR, but in THIS game I would say that permanently ending characters would be a mistake. The amount of time it takes to earn money, respect etc. with other characters and in the environment around you is rather staggering; to have it ripped away from you by some thug or because of a mingey player would be a terrible thing and would only end up frusturating players, inevitably generating a great amount of hate to anyone who decides to go the route of a criminal, and driving away the playerbase. Now, this obviously doesn't include everyone, but I wouldn't want the devs to put it into the game because you're forgetting a crucial fact @Thecop34, this may be considered an RP MMO but it has MORE than one server, it will have official ones, but players are free to open up their own servers and configure the games mechanics to their liking; and a few may decide to allow the PK of players if they suffer a legitimate death.

As a side note, going off topic, I don't think anyone should take your posts seriously because of previous content you've posted clearly shows you intend to abuse any privileges given to you, such as the abilities granted to Law Enforcement and not to mention the sheer amount of disrespect you've shown players on the Forums for giving polite and sound answers to your questions that you've had. You're not doing you or your suggestions any justice, but I'll stop there as I don't want to be seen as a flamer.

TL;DR

No, but I'm sure someone will eventually open up a server where it is allowed.

Edited by Valtorix
  • Like 1

@Valtorix I honestly cannot take this person seriously. The amount of utter garbage that they have displayed all over these forums has really astounded me. I get that there will be trolls, and small children who just want to grief, but just the amount of disrespect and general asshatery that thecop34 has put forth kind of ticks me off. Since there will be law enforcement officials in game and on the forums, i don't want them to be given a bad name. I really don't want the toxicity around, although it is inevitable, in this world because of the sheer size, scope and realism that it entails. So to make this reply on topic.

I think this idea would deter so many people from playing. Imagine you work all week to finally get that thing you wanted, you buy it. You're so happy because you finally made your goal. Then some "cop" pulls you over for no reason, or some punk decides he wants what you have. Boom, you get shot and lose everything. Now @thecop34, Imagine that person was you. Would you even respawn in the world? Or would you just give up and leave the game because you're so annoyed that that system is in place?

In conclusion, I say this "idea" would not fit this game at all. It would ruin the game and fun for all involved.

• Like 3

Some form of perma-death could still be implemented in game. You might loose some things, but not everything.

For example, in Star Citizen, there are talks about a death mechanic

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

So when you create a character, you set a succesor or a relative that could retreive your belongings in case of your death. After you die several times beyond resurection, you spawn in world as another character, and the important actions accomplished by your old character will be remembered by NPCs. You could even participate to your old character's funeral.

In Identity, you could get your things back by somehow proving that you are indeed the successor of the deceased character. This could add a new layer of roleplay, without making players rage quit. You get to attach to the character your develop/roleplay, but it's death would mean roleplaying a new one.

I would say they have to implement this feature but its the question for the server owner how deep he want to get in the roleplay!!

that is my opinion! 

1 hour ago, Lyriam said:

Some form of perma-death could still be implemented in game. You might loose some things, but not everything.

For example, in Star Citizen, there are talks about a death mechanic

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman

So when you create a character, you set a succesor or a relative that could retreive your belongings in case of your death. After you die several times beyond resurection, you spawn in world as another character, and the important actions accomplished by your old character will be remembered by NPCs. You could even participate to your old character's funeral.

In Identity, you could get your things back by somehow proving that you are indeed the successor of the deceased character. This could add a new layer of roleplay, without making players rage quit. You get to attach to the character your develop/roleplay, but it's death would mean roleplaying a new one.

Star Citizen copied that idea from Chronicles of Elyria. Also what if i don't want my character to change after I get killed? People would create clones of the previous character and the whole idea would be burnt in a matter of days

Well why not reward you for dying then. All people wnat is their instant gratification, why lose anything?

If you get killed why not inherit a fortune so everyone feel ike they're special and have no consequences, that way we can forgo meaningful gameplay :)

Guys can I just say going off the fact he is called 'TheCop' that he might actually be that AZIZ dude, because he always pretended to be a cop and posted the same picture of that pakistani cop dude.

• Like 2