Sign in to follow this  
DLimit

Advice to vehicle owners... (Advice section)

Invest a bit of time in the taxi-cab or transportation business considering that newcomers shall be desperate to explore the map for a fee. Eventually, one's one-man business could expand it's self into the dominant transportation service within the map, resulting in generating profits in order to fulfill one's long-term goal within the game.

What is your hypothetical advice within the game?

13 hours ago, DLimit said:

Invest a bit of time in the taxi-cab or transportation business considering that newcomers shall be desperate to explore the map for a fee. Eventually, one's one-man business could expand it's self into the dominant transportation service within the map, resulting in generating profits in order to fulfill one's long-term goal within the game.

What is your hypothetical advice within the game?

Well this is what i am doing :) investing in it with my friend.

• Like 1

Usually in RP servers , the ones who get trucks first do get loaded the firsts and I can still picture a 100 player island life server after a wipe ,  a hoard of players on foot converging to the same point , a gold mine for bus drivers 

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well this is what i am doing :) investing in it with my friend.

Air?

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, he is a competitor

Ah, who are you collaborating with then?

He is rarely ever on this forum, I think he has only 1 post maybe and Its my friend Dominik. My post is here! It's a temporary post / draft of what i will do.

6 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

He is rarely ever on this forum, I think he has only 1 post maybe and Its my friend Dominik. My post is here! It's a temporary post / draft of what i will do.

Your monthly bus prices are ridiculous bro

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Your monthly bus prices are ridiculous bro

ikr but they are based on Real Life time not in-game, so far but are only rough!

@Kickapoo are they that bad even when the prices are based on real life?

I think 1 atleast is very similar to my bus ticket (weekly, daily return and single) 

The monthly priced ones don't save you as much as they do in real life. 

Edited by JamesLuck01

29 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

ikr but they are based on Real Life time not in-game, so far but are only rough!

Busses are expensive man xD

Here IRL a monthly bus pass is $91.50, a pack of tickets (10) are $26 and an all-day pass is $10.50.

4 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

Busses are expensive man xD

Here IRL a monthly bus pass is $91.50, a pack of tickets (10) are $26 and an all-day pass is $10.50.

My weekly pass is £24 which is $33, monthly pass is £72 which is $90.73, a return is £5.50, a single £3.50 (depends on the distance for me.)

I would rather charge individuals based on "time" rather than "distance" considering that "time is money". One should not hire a taxi during rush-hour if one intends to attain a cheaper transportation service.

My weekly pass is £24 which is $33, monthly pass is £72 which is $90.73, a return is £5.50, a single £3.50 (depends on the distance for me.)

Man, wish I lived where you did xD Bus prices are killer here.

On a side note, yeah I do like your idea for Global Transportation, but depending on where Air plans to set up shop; there's a good chance he'll undermine your prices should you end up being cheaper than him.

Edited by Valtorix
More to say, don't want to spam thread
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

My stagecoach uni rider which lasts almost a year (10 months) cost me about £150, so that's very cheap compared to this xD 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

Man, wish I lived where you did xD Bus prices are killer here.

On a side note, yeah I do like your idea for Global Transportation, but depending on where Air plans to set up shop; there's a good chance he'll undermine your prices should you end up being cheaper than him.

Well if he beats my prices, he will lose a lot of money as it's as cheap as it is in some areas but I can always make it cheaper.

58 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I would rather charge individuals based on "time" rather than "distance" considering that "time is money". One should not hire a taxi during rush-hour if one intends to attain a cheaper transportation service.

Yes, but what if it takes you 2 minutes to get to the place? Also if its based on distance its a set amount of money you are making each time. 

Well if he beats my prices, he will lose a lot of money as it's as cheap as it is in some areas but I can always make it cheaper.

Yes, but what if it takes you 2 minutes to get to the place? Also if its based on distance its a set amount of money you are making each time. 

What would cause the Taxi driver to drive the vehicle at maximum speed?

Consumers are more likely to purchase my transportation service considering that it might be cheaper than charging an individual based on the distance of the travel. In the process, during certain occasions, a two-minute trip could result in a 5-10 minute trip due to the amount of traffic that may exist within the game.

It would be unfair for the driver to earn $100 during one "five mile trip" that lasted a few minutes while earning $100 during a "five mile trip" that had lasted twenty minutes. Thus, subjects shall be charged based on "time" considering that "time is money".

8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

What would cause the Taxi driver to drive the vehicle at maximum speed?

Consumers are more likely to purchase my transportation service considering that it might be cheaper than charging an individual based on the distance of the travel. In the process, during certain occasions, a two-minute trip could result in a 5-10 minute trip due to the amount of traffic that may exist within the game.

It would be unfair for the driver to earn $100 during one "five mile trip" that lasted a few minutes while earning $100 during a "five mile trip" that had lasted twenty minutes. Thus, subjects shall be charged based on "time" considering that "time is money".

true, and I based mine on real life. So my prices (rough ideas) are all based from how its done in real life, and "the drive could go a long route" instead of a short cut to just earn more money for that trip. Therefore both ideas are sufficient and can be manipulated in different ways. With my taxi's it is $4 up to a mile in towns/ out of a city, also meaning if travelling under a mile it will cost $4 and well its set but my bus prices are cheaper because they are practically $4 per 10 miles but they are for certain routes which will take longer.

• Like 1