B0xer4

bad cop

This is for the  devs, but non-devs can write down your ideas!

Hey I want to be a bad cop, do my cop duties but when no one is around have a little pot or some other stuff you know?;) Will I be able to do that?

Police work on sort of a point system, where there are a lot of things you can do but shouldn't. If you do these things and get caught it could lead to demotion, or worse.

So this is what they said on twitter and as far as "dirty cop" goes I think you can use drugs, get into drunken brawls (as long as you won't kill anyone), be rude etc, but you can't cheat the law, kill citizens, steal or use your position to your advantage, at least not radically. As far as pot and drugs go- as long as you're not caught with them, you should probably be fine.

19 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

wouldn't identity be like gmod rp or arma rp mods if there would be bad cops that ruin the roleplay part?

It depends on what kind of "bad cop" we're talking about. Because if it's a cop that goes around mass murdering, Identity has systems against that. If you commit a heavy crime as a cop you can't be a cop anymore, you're fired. But you can do small crimes- like smoking pot or using drugs.

I mentioned this in a previous post but I'll summarize it up real quick. Again, I'm gonna be using SAMP as an example.

The server I played on there were some SERIOUSLY corrupt cops. The police departments had several divisions.

1. GD (General Duties) This consisted of patrolling and being a regular cop
2. SWAT. These guys were the heavy hitters. The cavalry so to speak
3. Detectives Bureau. Exactly what it sounds like.
4. Command. Anyone who was a Lt, and upwards.
5. IA. Internal Affairs. THIS is what I'll be focusing on.

IA was an INVITE ONLY division, and these guys were the pupils of the PD. They were in charge of following all new recruits or suspicious police officers to make sure they were doing their job. If you were bad, you'd get written up, demoted, etc.

But you can still be a bad cop. I've RPed with the Assistant Director of the FBI who dealt with the Yakuza, and murdered other cops who meddled in his affairs.

I think overtime, it'll be great if Identity worked like this. I'm sure community servers would be able to remove the restrictions put in place by the official servers, so that more intensive RP is available. :P