Profender

BETA / Modules

1 hour ago, Profender said:

Just would like to ask the creators / developers and players to think about the BETA. 

Lot of games are releasings EA / BETA's. For example I backed a game Kingdom Come Deliverance, and they released a BETA big piece of land to explore, sounds great right? Well it is very buggy it is very laggy there are so many things to point out that are not okay(most of the point the developers know already!) Seems like the feedback you will be getting in this situation is a lot of messages about different stuff and the players missing the point / feeling of the game.

Would it be a better idea to release a very small size land to explore but as complete as a BETA can be? So the idea behind the game shines. 

So that the feedback given will be (also about bugs ofcourse but more) about missing things or what if suggestions, things to make the game more enjoyable and more complete for us. 

what do you think? Share this idea or have other ideas? Please would be fun to explore this and maybe de developers can get some ideas from this? 

Just have been playing different BETA's and started thinking about what can be done differently. 

Well firstly, don't assume Identity will be made the same. Secondly bugs cannot be helped, a beta is to allow players to play a game which is well obviously not complete and will have bugs in. Also its for stress testing and other small things, We don't want them downgrade the size of the map as because of that. Some want to be able to explore the map, test all the different features we can and make sure there is no game breaking bugs, which only occur in certain areas of the map. (What if that part of the map which is closed off for the beta, has a game breaking bug and the devs don't know about it?) Well it would obviously be missed in the beta. On the other hand the modules are standalone parts of the game which are small parts of the map, so the beta will have the full map and the modules will sectioned off so only small area is available.

Edited by JamesLuck01
I removed We on behalf that I was wrong to put it
  • Like 1

@JamesLuck01 everybody is free to give an opinion way you are talking is just disrespectful your not a developer or creator and even as just another backer fan of the game you can be more open in your answers and. Don't tell me to assume something way is that to talk to another person? You can react more like an adult would be appreciated thanks  It is stated in the topic place to think and share ideas. Again don't talk like you are somebody special just be relaxed dude! 

Indeed should be like adults take some feedback. How will that otherwise be in the game when somebody says something not nice you will be removed also? 

Comments that where removed are about some people I will not read down there names where about James acting like a developer towards other people. Some people commented on his style of writing and replying. These where removed. 

Does this mean you can not talk to other people and adres some of there behavior? 

Well I don't know. I hope there is not a little group of friends (including moderators) that will remove every piece of criticism towards each other. If somebody is annoying you should be able to say that to another.  @JamesLuck01 @ShadowedNation Right guys?   

8 minutes ago, Profender said:

Comments that where removed are about some people I will not read down there names where about James acting like a developer towards other people. Some people commented on his style of writing and replying. These where removed. 

Does this mean you can not talk to other people and adres some of there behavior? 

Well I don't know. I hope there is not a little group of friends (including moderators) that will remove every piece of criticism towards each other. If somebody is annoying you should be able to say that to another.  @JamesLuck01 @ShadowedNation Right guys?   

I removed "WE" out of the equation and well put "Some" with the edit reason.

Lets not clutter your topic so PM me if you have things to say. Also Some would have the same opinion and I know I put "We" but I typed it fast and didn't look over it because I was busy doing stuff. Also yes I did like the Idea and I did forget to like the topic after I posted.

Also what was you talking about I got posts removed?

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Profender said:

Don't clutter James you can PM me. 

Profender, if James is appearing a bit more authorative than others to you then let me tell you why. He is one of the people who knows the most about this game, has stuck by development news and these forums for time and time and has helped many people along the way. So he may be inclined to answer a question with more confidence than others. He is somebody who I consider useful to the forums. Reading this post, I see you as somebody who has come along, posted something and has got annoyed when somebody answered your question in general disagreement with you and generally caused a nuisance whilst adding very little to the forums. I would rather have you gone than him, so have a bit of respect for those who care the most or do one. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Profender said:

@Kickapoo Your name says it all. 

You can know a lot and still be nice guy you can give information in a more friendly way like hey we are all fans of the game I hear , i read . Instead of we this we that. And it is not only what you know but also there is a option where we can talk about what can be improved or what could be great pieces of advice for the game 

There is nothing wrong with what he said, i think you just need to stop being a baby and grow some thicker skin.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 6:55 PM, Profender said:

Would it be a better idea to release a very small size land to explore but as complete as a BETA can be?

So is this not basically the first module - the town square? Imo, I think the beta that they will release should be the whole map, as I imagine they want to find out the bugs etc, and to be fair, I don't think it's going to be a beta like is seen in other games, where they stay in early access for years, I think they will release the beta when they have most of the core mechanics there, to find bugs or glitches before the main release, and see how well the general gameplay goes on, and how well the economy works. The beta can mean they can test all of these before release, so if there are glitches or problems which mean people get too much money, and therefore guns etc, making an unbalanced game, they can change it before release, and then reset everyone, and people can't really complain. I also read that it will let them test their anti-cheat, and if any hacks are made they can improve their anti-cheat and fix it, and get rid of all the hacked items before release

On another note, seriously, what is your problem?

You say James is " just another backer fan ", but to be honest imo, he is much more. He is extremely active on ,at least, the suggestion forum, and im sure the others as well, and is very helpful, and like someone said before, knows a lot more than a lot of people do about the game. Great, now I sound like his fan boy or something. You said " Share this idea or have other ideas? " and the first person who does this, in an informative way, you go off it, and start having a go at him, nit picking every word he says, cough cough *we*, oh no, how offensive. Not to say that there is a lot more mistakes in your posts, which doesn't bother me, but still.

"way you are talking is just disrespectful ". Pretty rich coming from the person who says " You talk a lot about WE your the spokesperson of everybody your a real character jeezz " To somebody who took the time to reply to your post, and Is a lot more experienced on the forums, and who I can pretty much guarantee  knows a lot more about the game than you.

"Indeed should be like adults take some feedback". Again, pretty rich considering what I mentioned in the last paragraph, and also, for the record, "Kickapoo Your name says it all". Yeah, what an adult thing to say, commenting on his name, wow, that has *soo* much to do with the topic. James was, and does talk in a  much more adult manner  than you. 

Overall, please learn to take some criticism maybe (if that's honestly what you think it is), and maybe get some respect as well?

Edit -  @Kickapoo I can't agree more with your posts.

Edit 2 - So I was looking through the forums, and guess what, I found another one of your comments 'hurray'. I'm going to paste them here to back up my points :) "  I dont care what you stated im not only talking to you", and yet another hypocritical statement " If you are a sensitive guy i will set your little heart at ease". Like seriously, what the fuck?  

Edited by ThatGuyJoe
  • Like 3

Here is another quote

"

hey welcome Ronni @Shanthez nice to meet u question ask the real moderators they are friendly also some wanna be moderators here crazy people "

Who do you think you are disrespecting more valuable people in the society than you whom said they are wannabe staff all they do is research and help other people you just hate on them.

Can a admin just lock the thread so there's no more arguing

Edited by shadowkiller
  • Like 2

There once was an ancient story of a man who was bound to save the world. His name.. DAMN SON THAT WAS A FUCKING BURN Ron Swanson.