Calico

A way to regulate the criminal population?

On 02/09/2016 at 9:32 PM, Ubbe said:

I doubt it will become as bad as a "cops and robbers shooter", but if it would it wouldn't really affect the gameplay of the civilans on the server, apart from multiple stores and civilans getting robbed. That's the beauti of a game like this, civilians can do whatever they want while criminals and cops can do their thing. I also think that the amount of criminals will decrese a few months after release once all the killing machine players gets bored by getting banned (since I guess RDM is not allowed even as criminals).

I don't believe 'RDM' will be much of a rule as because there is no such thing IRL. I would say there would be punishment for excessive killing yes and like there will be timer on how long you have to wait to kill a person again if you are RP'ing a serial killer.

1 hour ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

I also want to point out that weapons are difficult to get your hands on. Especially the more powerful guns. I know this as I am a weapons manufacturer. So that means that almost always, the police will have the better firearms in the fight. That means that criminals will be more inclined to avoid confrontations with police. If the server is public, the Devs have got admins who will regulate and ban users who do not follow the rules. Hopefully, this also applies to private servers.  

Official servers will probably be more casual remember as the moderators won't be able to regulate it as much as private servers will.

28 minutes ago, Frank said:

I just hope that admins don't start banning people for killing police based on some stupid not following the rules bs. I mean if someone is just repetitively spawning in and just running over police for no reason then he's a troll and should be banned because thats annoying. However, if there is a gang that is angry at the police and is strong enough to carry out a full assault on a police station and murder half the cops that should be allowed. Some cops (which the admins usually are) get so butthurt that they get killed, that they just ban people that were good enough to win in a shootout (with the excuse that they are breaking RP or something). I hope that doesn't happen too much in game.

There will be a sort of system I believe on official servers to maintain a lot of things. Moderators won't be moderating as frequently as private servers will have them do.

• Like 1

If you have a political structure made by the people who play on a specific server then they can vote on gun control, police, how to control "mafia"... gangs, etc.  Isn't that one of the special features of the game? Controlled by the players? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Profender said:

If you have a political structure made by the people who play on a specific server then they can vote on gun control, police, how to control "mafia"... gangs, etc.  Isn't that one of the special features of the game? Controlled by the players? 

Yeah, it is. The system of government is going to be a very interesting system. I just hope they get it right. 

On 2016-09-11 at 11:37 AM, Shimozukachi said:

not again one of those. i've already written it down. if you can't understand it it's most probably because you didn't turn on your head. it will be identity, not darkrp 2.0

You didn't really tell a solution. What you said was that civilians will switch server as soon as too many criminals join. While this might be true it's not really a solution. And I'm not too sure why you bought up Dark RP since it does not feature any kind of cop money-ratio system as the one I suggested.

1 hour ago, Ubbe said:

You didn't really tell a solution. What you said was that civilians will switch server as soon as too many criminals join. While this might be true it's not really a solution. And I'm not too sure why you bought up Dark RP since it does not feature any kind of cop money-ratio system as the one I suggested.

just want to tell you that identity won't be a 24/7 shootout game. sorry. my previous post was in the wrong topic :D

4 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

just want to tell you that identity won't be a 24/7 shootout game. sorry. my previous post was in the wrong topic :D

Yes, I don't want identity to be that either, that would be horrible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ubbe said:

Yes, I don't want identity to be that either, that would be horrible.

i'm sorry for my previous comments.