CamdenAnderson

How do we become cop and is there an age limit?

I know this may be a little bit of a stupid question. Will every server be different and is this based on Arma 3? Also, if there is only one server, what will the age limit be? I've only been a member a little wile but I can't find anywhere it would show me this on the website. Because I don't want to spend money on this game and then not be able to become cop.

Hi Camden!

In regards to the age, it more than likely won't matter, you'll probably just have to pass through the other tests that police departments have, such as an interview, physical, and personality test, and then if you get through those you'll just have to go through the police academy. Then in regards to the Arma 3 question, this is it's own game that's all about simulating real life in a way. Think of it as playing the Sims but with a strong mixture of actual life, and that the character you make is who you play as. If you need more info there is plenty of videos on Youtube that will talk about it, and the devs on Twitter are very good about talking with people about the game. If that fails, there are plenty of users here, myself included, who'd be willing to help fill you in!

I hope this helped, and if no one has said it yet, welcome to Identity!

Cheers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrEngie said:

Hi Camden!

In regards to the age, it more than likely won't matter, you'll probably just have to pass through the other tests that police departments have, such as an interview, physical, and personality test, and then if you get through those you'll just have to go through the police academy. Then in regards to the Arma 3 question, this is it's own game that's all about simulating real life in a way. Think of it as playing the Sims but with a strong mixture of actual life, and that the character you make is who you play as. If you need more info there is plenty of videos on Youtube that will talk about it, and the devs on Twitter are very good about talking with people about the game. If that fails, there are plenty of users here, myself included, who'd be willing to help fill you in!

I hope this helped, and if no one has said it yet, welcome to Identity!

Cheers!

Very well said but you didn't answer all the questions I am sure so here are the rest and shorter answers of those which were answered.

@CamdenAnderson

1. This is a standalone game.

2. its partly based off of Arma 3 Altis Life mod, PERP (gmod gamemode), The Sims (Sort of), also gta (in a way).

3. Official Servers won't have a age limit to become a cop and yes as @MrEngie said above, you will have to do a test but all they have said so far that I heard is that you have to go to a "Educational Place" within the game and sit through a tutorial. The tutorial is basically the test but there may be more as said above.

4. There won't be just one server. (Officials), but also there will be a load of Community servers too. The community servers will be different in some way, Some will be white-listed, some with a age limit on joining and some with no age limit on joining but with a age limit on government jobs. Also community servers will have different levels of RP like; Casual, Semi-Serious, Serious, and Hardcore.

Thanks very much, once the game goes into the modules more I will have a better feel for if I want to buy the game, I'm also really young and am glad that I can become a cop in some way shape or form.

43 minutes ago, CamdenAnderson said:

Thanks very much, once the game goes into the modules more I will have a better feel for if I want to buy the game, I'm also really young and am glad that I can become a cop in some way shape or form.

No problem, if you have any more questions shoot away in the Q&A section.

23 hours ago, CamdenAnderson said:

You have to  buy a passport in order to play the module's

Look i'monly 13 but i can't wait for identity to come out if there is an age limit on anything the game will be ruined for me and how will i surpass the age limit?????/

I am 12 and thinking the same thing, there shouldn't be an age limit on most servers so I don't think we should have to worry...

On 8/10/2016 at 0:13 PM, CamdenAnderson said:

I am 12 and thinking the same thing, there shouldn't be an age limit on most servers so I don't think we should have to worry...

Not trying to be rude but 12 year old cops just does not work i couldn't give less of a crap if you were a civ or a robber but we need mature sounding and acting cops who know what they are doing and how to rp.

22 minutes ago, Glueman said:

Not trying to be rude but 12 year old cops just does not work i couldn't give less of a crap if you were a civ or a robber but we need mature sounding and acting cops who know what they are doing and how to rp.

Alright, I thought you were just being a dick in your own topic but now I can see you're a lonely little cuck who has nothing better to do than to insult people on this site. I want you to leave if you can't say anything nice. There are way too many people like you on this site. So kindly, fuck, off.

3 hours ago, Glueman said:

I know there is no way you can confirm this asshole but I sound more like a 14 year old and I don't take insults kindly I have more than a year of experience with RP and was anot admin medic trooper and another medic on another server.

5 hours ago, CamdenAnderson said:
8 hours ago, Cornholio said:

Alright, I thought you were just being a dick in your own topic but now I can see you're a lonely little cuck who has nothing better to do than to insult people on this site. I want you to leave if you can't say anything nice. There are way too many people like you on this site. So kindly, fuck, off.

I know there is no way you can confirm this asshole but I sound more like a 14 year old and I don't take insults kindly I have more than a year of experience with RP and was anot admin medic trooper and another medic on another server.

First to cornholio from my experience on ARMA life 12 year old cops never work and servers that allow that usually end pretty quick or never get players , i'm not being a dick i'm just telling the truth, also its my opinion if you don't like it then there's a logout button right there we don't need fucks like you throwing pissy fits when they don't like someone's opinion.

And to camdenanderson i have nothing against you i want people to know abut and play this game and i'm fine with you playing this game but roles that really matter to the structure of a server should be left to people who are fit for the role.

22 hours ago, Cornholio said:

Well, yes I agree but he just put out the truth and that's not a bad thing but people better to know the truth than a lie. Yes the truth is always nearly a harsh thing to say but it always is better to tell it straight up and well people need to get over it like @Glueman said its nothing personal and so people need to suck it up and deal with it. If someone don't like the truth then they will never get through life when they take everything personally. (Talking from experience).

The way I am doing my server with stuff like the careers (police, firefighter and paramedic) well I am allowing all ages on my server if they get through the whitelist but to become one of those roles, there is a application and interview process for them and well there are requirements like "A deep voice" (not high pitched) and must have a microphone and must use it all the time. those without mics will not get on as one because its mandatory.

Edited by JamesLuck01

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well, yes I agree but he just put out the truth and that's not a bad thing but people better to know the truth than a lie. Yes the truth is always nearly a harsh thing to say but it always is better to tell it straight up and well people need to get over it like @Glueman said its nothing personal and so people need to suck it up and deal with it. If someone don't like the truth then they will never get through life when they take everything personally. (Talking from experience).

The way I am doing my server with stuff like the careers (police, firefighter and paramedic) well I am allowing all ages on my server if they get through the whitelist but to become one of those roles, there is a application and interview process for them and well there are requirements like "A deep voice" (not high pitched) and must have a microphone and must use it all the time. those without mics will not get on as one because its mandatory.

Here's the thing. For those "high pitched voices" they need the experience to get better. You don't just tell the they can't do that in a game saying you can do absolutely anything you want to do. When I was a kid Roleplaying I was given amazing opportunities to be what I wanted to be. Just because they're kids shouldn't me you limit them to certain things. That's just not fair.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Here's the thing. For those "high pitched voices" they need the experience to get better. You don't just tell the they can't do that in a game saying you can do absolutely anything you want to do. When I was a kid Roleplaying I was given amazing opportunities to be what I wanted to be. Just because they're kids shouldn't me you limit them to certain things. That's just not fair.

I am only limiting it to them having to hit all requirements which I set on my server. Also that's why I have not got the age limit for applying for those roles, its just a less chance of them getting it. Before they play Identity, they can get experience on gmod servers and arma servers to make sure they have a better experience and know what they are doing.

31 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am only limiting it to them having to hit all requirements which I set on my server. Also that's why I have not got the age limit for applying for those roles, its just a less chance of them getting it. Before they play Identity, they can get experience on gmod servers and arma servers to make sure they have a better experience and know what they are doing.

You really expect them to get any type of experience from DarkRP? And Arma would be okay but there are even more people on there who don't like kids playing with them. Kids are like the blacks of the 1950's in RP. They're hated and people don't want anything to do with them. Just leave them be James. It's not like if they're cops they'll kill you. If they fuck up, kick them or ban them.

I like to think that I have a pretty deep voice myself and I am currently a medic on the arma 3 server DAG they might come out with an identity server.

3 hours ago, Cornholio said:

You really expect them to get any type of experience from DarkRP? And Arma would be okay but there are even more people on there who don't like kids playing with them. Kids are like the blacks of the 1950's in RP. They're hated and people don't want anything to do with them. Just leave them be James. It's not like if they're cops they'll kill you. If they fuck up, kick them or ban them.

I didn't say its impossible for them on my server, I just said its harder. I also have a pretty bad experience with "kids" being trolls and just abusing the job/ fail rp'ing and so I am making it harder but still a chance of them getting on a career. Look CamdenAnderson is currently a medic on a arma 3 server, so him putting that when/ if he tried to get paramedic as a career then he has a higher chance than those others. Generally I don't want to be harsh to that age area but they are the worst rp'ers sometimes because they are younger and well more immature. I don't particularly want a 10 year old as that career but if he passes the application then so be it. under 10yrs is a no though because technically that's way too young. Also another thing is when I get so many people in my community I will ask them what they want e.g. a application process for those jobs or not. I will ask for a lot of things and will most likely do what the majority want.

No offense to kids but it really makes it hard to rp and take things seriously if you hear an 11 or 12 year old pretending to be a cop on the radio. Plus most kids that age usually just want to play a GTA style game, do some jobs here and there, maybe own a house and hang out with friends. They want to be a cop but will soon find out it's a bit more complicated than just chasing and shooting bad guys and will start cutting corners. They probably don't comprehend all the rules and will have a hard time interacting with people as a cop. Most people will get angry that they are being pulled over by a kid. This game will probably be rated 18+ for a reason. I apologize to any kids that can actually rp very well.(Btw I'm 19 years old myself.)

Edited by Frank

Okay, it makes my angry that I can't show people how mature I am over the forums and none of you have to deal with me otherwise. If I have to prove myself them I will

1 hour ago, CamdenAnderson said:

Okay, it makes my angry that I can't show people how mature I am over the forums and none of you have to deal with me otherwise. If I have to prove myself them I will

By the time the full game comes out it will probably be ATLEAST a year from now. Atleast you will be 13.

Edited by Frank