MadMcardle

Modules/Servers

Question

Hi guys, 

I was just wondering how things will work with the modules/servers, couple of questions:

1. When a module is released will that module be on a type of experimental server with regular tweaks/updates? And will these servers stay up until beta/release?

2. How many player slots are there likely to be for the modules, I know the aim is 300, but can we expect that straight of the bat?

3. Will the servers have a queue system in place?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

1. Once the "Town Square" module is up, it will stay up until beta release and same with the other modules. So you will be able to play any of them once they all are up if you choose to.

2. I guess they might have a lower compacity and graduly rise the numbers but not sure, because they do definately want to test 300 players on 1 server so I guess they might do it 300 straight up. @Motown @Paratus @HairyGrenade.

3. They most definately will (most games have it) but I am not sure and I don't believe that they have mentioned this to the public yet.

When the town square is released they will start gradually increasing player slots to figure out how many people they will allow on the servers. They will not be allowing 300 on the modules since it is just a small portion of the game.

• Like 2

1. Once the "Town Square" module is up, it will stay up until beta release and same with the other modules. So you will be able to play any of them once they all are up if you choose to.

2. I guess they might have a lower compacity and graduly rise the numbers but not sure, because they do definately want to test 300 players on 1 server so I guess they might do it 300 straight up. @Motown @Paratus @HairyGrenade.

3. They most definately will (most games have it) but I am not sure and I don't believe that they have mentioned this to the public yet.

29 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Do we know if the servers will be public or private hives?

Official servers will be on one official hive where as private servers will be private hives.