Sign in to follow this  
DanDud88

Remember this video

Large amount of concurrent players, objects and high level detail for fps don't mix well without optimization and accurate update across the points. Single instances can be run like this without too many problems, but when everything is being loaded at the same time that's going to slow fps and overload the database from multiple requests and connections. That or they might implement the other stuff later more efficiently when they've scaled their systems appropriately. The code for placement and collision detection might be wonky on surfaces maybe there is an invisible box around the items that makes it not stick to walls properly. To run something like this big at a bigger scale more efficiently people sometimes cut down on high detail. Now imagine streaming from outside sources and rendering it onto the mmorpg it'll probably contribute to lag. Other than that, the coding might've needed fixing in the first place, but they seem to be working on the bugs.

Edited by Nonala

Isn't most of this in the game? Just the details of each thing isn't exactly how it should be? I couldn't figure out the trimming and wall paint thing tho, probably will be added later when there's a currency and crafting system.

Also the peep hole thing must be a weird keybinding

Edited by edthechowderhead

5 hours ago, edthechowderhead said:

Isn't most of this in the game? Just the details of each thing isn't exactly how it should be? I couldn't figure out the trimming and wall paint thing tho, probably will be added later when there's a currency and crafting system.

Also the peep hole thing must be a weird keybinding

Wall paint is in there. Once selecting the wall, select Matte, semi-gloss, or Gloss paint, the top right of that box select "Customize" and you can change the wall color. 

Select wall finish: https://imgur.com/a/TU80euh

Select Customize, top right and select color: https://imgur.com/a/PP52ADV

Select border trim: https://imgur.com/a/2jT1unt

Select trim moulding: https://imgur.com/a/hGXkH30

Edited by UhnotherGamer

14 hours ago, DanDud88 said:

What happened between this and now????????

A lot of it is there but that video was from the old UI and so a lot of the things broke as the old UI was discontinued and so they couldnt update it no longer with the latest UE updates. This caused them to remake the UI with a different software.

20 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

A lot of it is there but that video was from the old UI and so a lot of the things broke as the old UI was discontinued and so they couldnt update it no longer with the latest UE updates. This caused them to remake the UI with a different software.

So basically most of the problems that Identity has is because of the migration to other UI. Feels bad man. Was a free UI software the previous one?

No, the other one I am not sure, but I dont believe the software was free as far as I know. However I find it was better IMO.

Can someone explain to me how you can decorate your home? Is there something in the menu because I didnt see it! :(

6 hours ago, Edikosh said:

Was a free UI software the previous one?

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

No, the other one I am not sure, but I dont believe the software was free as far as I know. However I find it was better IMO.

Previous software was Scaleform (no longer supported), current one is Coherent. With a little bit of searching, the Scaleform UI required a licence to purchase in order to use the software. As for Coherent (GT), it offers a free demo, which leads me to believe that it also requires a purchase in order to fully use it.

35 minutes ago, 4thdesign said:

Can someone explain to me how you can decorate your home? Is there something in the menu because I didnt see it! :(

It's all explained in this guide. :)

• Like 1