MalContentGA

Why is it taking so long

For the past couple of months I have been checking the status of the town square. I know it is probably a hard game to make but from the looks of it the game wont be ready this year.

Identity is an extensive game, new from all we have now, so it's understandable that it's hard to make, it has new mechanics, features, etc, it's a really big game and it for sure isn't going to be ready in a couple months.

• Like 1

The town spquare is not the whole game but only a standalone part of the game. Be Patient. I believe A lot of people have been waiting from the start of the kickstarter and they are waiting patiently.

• Like 6

On 4/29/2016 at 9:48 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

The town spquare is not the whole game but only a standalone part of the game. Be Patient. I believe A lot of people have been waiting from the start of the kickstarter and they are waiting patiently.

I pledged back on kickstarter and much like with GTA V on PC, im happy with the wait. If we all wait patiently the game will be ready and be complete, not released to us half done. GTA was set back a bit but for us PC players it was far better optimized and a lot more fun to play due to their extra time working on the game. Best to wait and let them do their job.

• Like 4

It's a small team with a massive project

They need to do stuff like

• voice sourcing
  • vehicle and environment interactivity
  • server and client data relations
  • graphics settings
  • optimization
  • character creation
  • mapping
  • texturing

All this shit takes alot of time, especially if you're just starting out

•  

I am no expert but from my understanding it takes, on average, 3 years to create a game so what these guys have done already is quite a task, I am sure the wait will be well worth it, and then some :)

• Like 1

3 years are u crazy its not like gta 5 where they had to do missions voices map and single player this is much diffrent

3 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

3 years are u crazy its not like gta 5 where they had to do missions voices map and single player this is much diffrent

It's not really fair to compare it to GTA V considering that had a HUGE team working on it and had many previous games to build on it's features etc and I did say on average it takes 3 years man, and considering they worked on it for about a year before Kickstarter, which was over a year ago and it is predicted to be released early next year it's not far off :P

45 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

It's not really fair to compare it to GTA V considering that had a HUGE team working on it and had many previous games to build on it's features etc and I did say on average it takes 3 years man, and considering they worked on it for about a year before Kickstarter, which was over a year ago and it is predicted to be released early next year it's not far off :P

I think your not far off with Identity being worked on for 3 years nearly by release but I don't think they worked on the game for a year before Identity, but I think it was more that they said so many month worked on but pretty much you are right and a good estimate. 2 and a half years by release, so you are pretty accurate ( I might be wrong and they might have worked on it for a year before the kickstarter.

54 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

He is right, average 3 years for a good big decent game. Minecraft was Notches University game project, and he would have done it for 2 - 3 years. So I don't know what your on about with it.

2 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

So technically By Release next year it will be 3 years

More or less :) 

So in other words it's not on track for the December release as advertised on the kickstarter.

2 hours ago, DLCoates1 said:

So in other words it's not on track for the December release as advertised on the kickstarter.

Correct. Beta is expected in early 2017 with full release after. Modules will be before the beta.

Well that means first module will come out this summer otherwise if by september there are no modules then i wouldnt actually be relying on the early q1 2017 release and more like q2 or even q3