iiMStevo

So... what's happening?

2 hours ago, Mordacar said:

Obviously we are only seeing TS not all of the work done on the entire world map. Plus developing a game is more complex than just making generic scenes like the links you have posted.

Yet, only TS part of the map is done, and making a map is just making a scene, idk what u trying to say here. seems like lot of peoples trying to defend this project don't even know what they talking about

On 4.07.2018 at 3:24 PM, HairyGrenade said:

Not much of the actual map is created yet since there is still lots of networking and programming to do in order for everything to run smoothly, you probably won't see other parts of the map for a while as there currently isn't a dedicated level designer hired yet.

Edited by Masa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mordacar said:

Obviously we are only seeing TS not all of the work done on the entire world map. Plus developing a game is more complex than just making generic scenes like the links you have posted.

I don't think you have a tiny bit of a clue of what you're even talking about. Please read the whole post instead of trolling.  I stated i used both, unity and unreal 3d engines and it surly does not take 3 years to create a scene.  the TS module...what do you think it is??? All it has is a bit of GUI added to it such as character creation, pause, settings...few models and some shaders.  Today you can create a playable descent size map in a month with the tools that we have to our disposal. They actually have an office now and a team to work on this,  But it looks more like they just started.  I am not saying this is a no go or a fail, i am saying that the amount of time they have spent it seems like they took a long vacation on it or simply not telling us the whole truth. Honestly tell me where do you see game play in the TS module..i seen someone running around the map..If that is gameplay to you then i am stunned. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

3 hours ago, Masa said:

Yet, only TS part of the map is done, and making a map is just making a scene, idk what u trying to say here. seems like lot of peoples trying to defend this project don't even know what they talking about

The Town Square had been re-made several times as the expectations of the art time have risen, so when remaking the Town Square, everything was improved, the layout, models and textures. Not only that, but this module includes the core mechanics of the game, so tons of coding takes place for everything to run smoothly as it's getting built from the ground up.

• Like 1

I think everyone can understand that there always can be issues and hiccups.  Point is that you promise something and you delay it multiple times and while that is also understood, You better start finding a way to convince the community because frankly just saying "it  happens during development"  or "we had to rebuild" is not convincing.  Rebuilding is not starting from scratch,  Again we're in 2018....

Edited by Oroborous
  • Like 1

I think this topic is being sidetracked again towards issues with development...
Again, to clarify, I don't have any problems with development progress, it is purely the level at which information is distributed and how it is distributed which I have issues with.
It's like a treasure hunt to try find out what progress has been made, which should not be the case.

I'm sure there are countless other topics to complain about development and not meeting goals.