DeWaldo89

Painting and Art Gallerys

Any more on the painting feature for Town Square? How will it work?

Is it essentially MS Paint or will it be a bit more advanced? Will there be filters or effects which you can apply to make paintings more stylish or cohesive?

Can you impodt images or is it all done in game? 

I believe I read somewhere there will be original artworks with the possibility to produce copies or prints? Will originals be obviously original i.e. making them more valuable.

Will the Artist need to retain the original to make copies/prints? Can someone open a gallery and sell high end art in game? 

Will artworks associate the artists name with them? Can Artworks be stolen? (Would love to see some forgeries and an undergroumd market for hot artworks develop in game, criminals targeting the valuable stuff, buying it as assests or providing expensive art as payment).

I plan on playing initially as a struggling portrait artist and am working on my back story atm so am very interested in any additional info you guys have.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, DeWaldo89 said:

Any more on the painting feature for Town Square? How will it work?

Is it essentially MS Paint or will it be a bit more advanced? Will there be filters or effects which you can apply to make paintings more stylish or cohesive?

Can you impodt images or is it all done in game? 

I believe I read somewhere there will be original artworks with the possibility to produce copies or prints? Will originals be obviously original i.e. making them more valuable.

Will the Artist need to retain the original to make copies/prints? Can someone open a gallery and sell high end art in game? 

Will artworks associate the artists name with them? Can Artworks be stolen? (Would love to see some forgeries and an undergroumd market for hot artworks develop in game, criminals targeting the valuable stuff, buying it as assests or providing expensive art as payment).

I plan on playing initially as a struggling portrait artist and am working on my back story atm so am very interested in any additional info you guys have.

Thanks

It is actually less detailed than MS Paint. Just basic sizes and colors.

No image import for paintings.

There will be galleries, and you can sell them. I am unsure about owning galleries.

I paintings can not be stolen or reproduced by anyone else besides the creator, but if you were really wanted to reproduce a painting you didn't own you could attempt to re-draw it.

Artworks will have the person's name, and it could be signed onto it. It will also be listed if the painting was in a list.

You could attempt to make a living as a painter, but they would have to be pretty good drawings to make a profit if you were ONLY a painter, and had no other job.

Edited by subway244
  • Like 3

That's a missed opportunity I think, doesn't encourage players to paint anything other than phalles tbh! With a slightly more robust system you could have some serious competition among the artists and actually make it a viable profession and very unique aspect of the game. People will want to decorate their businesses and homes and fine art and portraits are a great way to do that aswel as expressing wealth, support and appriciation. No import means all artworks will be custom which is a big plus IMO. Maybe it'll develop over time but I think its best suited to TS as painting and stockpiling artworks would be a great and productive way of killing time while we wait for the other modules.

Anyways thanks for the info @subway244much appriciated.

• Like 1