DrFelixPhD

Forum Badges/Rewards

Hey all,

Dont know shout you guys, but I live for my arbitrary in-game rewards - anything like badges or achievements etc. I also particularly enjoy this new Liking system they've out in place on the forums, and this got me thinking...

Perhaps if a forum profile reached certain milestones, they've be awarded little badges or tags that are present whenever said profile makes a post. These achievements could then maybe be transferable to your in-game character, where they could be displayed as perhaps patches on a leather jacket or trophies in shelves in your home?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Felix

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paratus said:

You'll soon have badges showing your pledge levels and rewards.

Ah perfect :) Thanks for the response!

Badges can be good, but bad at the same time, it could cause spam in the forums for people just  trying to collect badges, without contributing effectively. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Hey all,

Dont know shout you guys, but I live for my arbitrary in-game rewards - anything like badges or achievements etc. I also particularly enjoy this new Liking system they've out in place on the forums, and this got me thinking...

Perhaps if a forum profile reached certain milestones, they've be awarded little badges or tags that are present whenever said profile makes a post. These achievements could then maybe be transferable to your in-game character, where they could be displayed as perhaps patches on a leather jacket or trophies in shelves in your home?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Felix

I think making them into photos/pictures would be a great idea, and maybe even on like your formal(not work) police uniform but I think that's a far fetch cause then some players go "why's he got that, how come I can't get those"^^^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

Badges can be good, but bad at the same time, it could cause spam in the forums for people just  trying to collect badges, without contributing effectively. 

And yeah, that's why I'm farmer (not immigrant or citizen)with like 13 community points or some shit.

Adding; maybe the badges could be simply a decoration without any benefit? Sure you got your abitruary or however such is spelt, but that means we need a new way to collect those badges- perhaps the liking button should serve to do such a thing?

Edited by NutterButter
Adding

i dont really see the point of gamification on the forum, just our reward and reputation should matter, dont get the devs putting too much on a reward system for a forum, prefer they focus on the game itself.

7 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

You've definitely got a good point there. I guess that brings me back round to the like limit discussion I was having, where allowing users to like any more posts than 10 might lead to spam and cheaty shizzle.