Sign in to follow this  
Mordacar

Realistic Crime Map /Nice Areas

Please add a tweak to your system. Create zones that magnify stress extremely high for the instigator in nice areas that would be unrealistic places to be attacked in the real world. At the same time don't raise stress very high for the defender when he defends himself with non deadly force in the nice areas/ low crime zones. -(One punch knock out?)   This system will create a more realistic crime map that matches real world. There are wealthy areas with very little to no crime and other zones with very high crime. Plus players that don't want to be messed with in that way can stick to the good areas as they would in real life while also getting a jazz when they take a trip to the bad areas where crime is more likely to happen.

• Like 2

I think this would be a good idea.

Crime could occur anywhere though, as it does in real life

In overall i believe that the stress system will be tweaked to be perfect once it is introduced and tested out.

Edited by polydorou

I have given this idea some thought, and if I understand what you are saying correctly, I think this idea can be tweaked to become a challenge for the governor!

I don't know much about how crime works in Identity, so don't take this too seriously. My idea is that if a criminal commits a robbery, it should cause property damage to the city. These property damages would be payed for by the government. The amount lost in damages would increase the longer law enforcement takes to arrive at the scene. Now, here's where the criminal map idea comes in.

"Nice" areas can be robbed just like "bad" areas, but they cause more property damage per minute (or whatever unit of time). Keep in mind that the government has to pay for these losses themselves.  In bad areas, property damage would be less. This prompts law enforcement to respond quicker to nice area crimes. Why? Because if the government loses more money (which would occur with going to bad area crimes reported first over nice area ones) their funding could be cut. The governor has to find out a good way to split up law enforcement efficiency for different places, to minimize damage and maximize satisfaction.

Now, this whole thing makes a lot of assumptions, so take it lightly :).

• Like 2

On 4/9/2018 at 5:21 PM, URSAMAJOR03 said:

I have given this idea some thought, and if I understand what you are saying correctly, I think this idea can be tweaked to become a challenge for the governor!

I don't know much about how crime works in Identity, so don't take this too seriously. My idea is that if a criminal commits a robbery, it should cause property damage to the city. These property damages would be payed for by the government. The amount lost in damages would increase the longer law enforcement takes to arrive at the scene. Now, here's where the criminal map idea comes in.

"Nice" areas can be robbed just like "bad" areas, but they cause more property damage per minute (or whatever unit of time). Keep in mind that the government has to pay for these losses themselves.  In bad areas, property damage would be less. This prompts law enforcement to respond quicker to nice area crimes. Why? Because if the government loses more money (which would occur with going to bad area crimes reported first over nice area ones) their funding could be cut. The governor has to find out a good way to split up law enforcement efficiency for different places, to minimize damage and maximize satisfaction.

Now, this whole thing makes a lot of assumptions, so take it lightly :).

My concept will dissuade players from attacking individuals in a nice (low crime) area by allowing a greater advantage to the defender via the announced "stress" system. Giving the defender a chance to knock out the attacker with one return punch.  The goal is to create a realistic non homogeneous crime map, just like real life.  This can be done by the developer of the game by creating zones that benefit a defender and his property, zones that have no alteration at all and even zones that benefit an attacker or criminal. You might even create a no attack zone to represent extremely well protected assets.  This will allow players to not be constantly  troll attacked if they stick to safe areas. Perhaps there is a fee involved if you don't spend a certain amount of time outside such zones.

• Like 1