NanoSpace

Let's talk about that Dev Blog

14 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

^ That's why I said "holding back" in quotes. Because honestly I don't think they really are. I know the female character will definitely be in the game. But it takes more time to make it. If it isn't ready, it isn't. I know people will complain about it if it's not making its appearance in Town Square. But isn't the modules for testing purpose? Like a glimpse of the game before those will be ported into beta/release.

An how am I to know if they are holding it back or not, If I do not ask? Since I have seen it clearly that it can take awhile and be delayed. I also know because I know development more then you may realize that it is about priority.  An I am not complaining it will not or complaining it will. All I said was I hope it is not.  Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. Nothing more nothing less. 

If you could take one thing out of what I said you could take out that I hope if it is delayed it will not take 5 years or more. (If you wanted to take Hellions case it took about 6 months if I remember correctly. I would prefer a delay to be 3 to 4 months if you must know.) 

Also isn't having male and female models testing the mechanic on how to switch? How it could cause bugs and issues for the models not switching correctly.  Town Square after all is a alpha release.(From what I have read that is what has been said.)  What you are describing is a demo. 

Edited by Xzothi

18 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

An how am I to know if they are holding it back or not, If I do not ask? Since I have seen it clearly that it can take awhile and be delayed. I also know because I know development more then you may realize that it is about priority.  An I am not complaining it will not or complaining it will. All I said was I hope it is not.  Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. Nothing more nothing less. 

If you could take one thing out of what I said you could take out that I hope if it is delayed it will not take 5 years or more. (If you wanted to take Hellions case it took about 6 months if I remember correctly. I would prefer a delay to be 3 to 4 months if you must know.) 

Also isn't having male and female models testing the mechanic on how to switch? How it could cause bugs and issues for the models not switching correctly.  Town Square after all is a alpha release.(From what I have read that is what has been said.)  What you are describing is a demo. 

I wouldn't say that Motown was giving an excuse to postpone the female models. It'll be in Town Square, don't worry. I'm also hoping so we're in the same boat. :) 

What I know about the modules is that they are indeed "alpha" portions of the Identity game. There is no beta release date yet, but that's why I said before beta/release after all.

36 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

I wouldn't say that Motown was giving an excuse to postpone the female models. It'll be in Town Square, don't worry. I'm also hoping so we're in the same boat. :) 

What I know about the modules is that they are indeed "alpha" portions of the Identity game. There is no beta release date yet, but that's why I said before beta/release after all.

Nore would I say he was giving a excuse. What I said is sometimes it feels like a excuse.  I have seen how development can go a different way depending on where the developers see the priorities.  Example building the needed basic models getting them finalized and finished in a test like environment. What I mean is that they build the models and animations first. An build them in a grey box test environment. Once the models are done and finalized then they move onto building the real environment. (I have not seen or heard of this type of building in a long time.) 

Edited by Xzothi

On 07/02/2018 at 10:49 AM, Xzothi said:

You need to wake up really. Using words just to discredit someone else doesn't do anything for your point.  An you have to realize immersion is a part of the character models.  Are you saying Identity is a world where only the male race lives and roams the world? How would the population even breed if that were even the case? Wouldn't that in it self all go into immersion braking as you put it?

See and this shows why you are so blinded by your idea on this. No, I am not saying that whatsoever. What I am saying is that it doesn't make any difference WHATSOEVER if there are no female models until the game is in a state where this becomes immersion breaking. Make no mistake, I want to see female models in the game as well, but I am not butthurt because they're not in it from day one. 

Your ideas on this are what's wrong with the entertainment industry nowadays. Movies, series, games, etc. all start adding all races and genders and everything in places where it literally should not be just because they're afraid of the backlash. TO MAKE THIS CLEAR: I am NOT against adding every race and gender in and of itself. I am, however, against it when it breaks immersion or slows development. In this case what you are asking for is a focus on something that slows down development on parts of the game that honestly need it more. 

Now, go ahead and tell me again how I need to wake up. Surely I must've said something wrong in your eyes again.

12 hours ago, misterff1 said:

See and this shows why you are so blinded by your idea on this. No, I am not saying that whatsoever. What I am saying is that it doesn't make any difference WHATSOEVER if there are no female models until the game is in a state where this becomes immersion breaking. Make no mistake, I want to see female models in the game as well, but I am not butthurt because they're not in it from day one. 

Your ideas on this are what's wrong with the entertainment industry nowadays. Movies, series, games, etc. all start adding all races and genders and everything in places where it literally should not be just because they're afraid of the backlash. TO MAKE THIS CLEAR: I am NOT against adding every race and gender in and of itself. I am, however, against it when it breaks immersion or slows development. In this case what you are asking for is a focus on something that slows down development on parts of the game that honestly need it more. 

Now, go ahead and tell me again how I need to wake up. Surely I must've said something wrong in your eyes again.

You are blinded by thinking this has anything to do with making all races and genders at start.(I didn't say that anywhere.)  You were the one who lashed out at me saying I was some social justice warriors comment anyway. Which again if you read my post it had nothing to do with that. It had all to do with what they said they would have on the first release. Yet you attacked me anyway.  Wake up comment was about you waking up and reading what I said with out your daze in your eyes and actually read what was there. Not read into things that isn't there, Or only read a part of it and not the full post.(Clearly that didn't work.) 

It is almost like you harp at me when I am commenting on a something they said originally would be out during said first release yet you do not harp on anyone else getting upset about delays why is this? If they couldn't or, wouldn't do it then why say they would do it? I will say this again I am asking them to have the basics of what they said they would have. I am not asking for the final version of all models. Just the basic versions of what they said they would have. An if they didn't it wouldn't be the end of the world. The thing about asking and hoping. You can always say no. It isn't a demand. It is about getting answers.(That I was wondering if they would or not. Since I know they could delay it. I was just trying to get that information.)

Edited in: I also didn't make any demands I said I hope. I said I feel.  I never said they are I never said they should. You can hope for things but if they do not happen you are just disappointed it isn't the end of the world.  What you feel doesn't mean that is what it is.(You can feel like crap doesn't mean you are. You can feel someone is lying doesn't mean that they are.)

Nice condescending wording you got there on your last sentence. But congrats of you to at least not using discrediting words to just dismiss any type of discussion. 

Edited by Xzothi
edited in:

Something I forgot to say. Is that the photography system they talked about reminded me of the ShaderMap software.  Not sure if it is the same. Or that even ShaderMap would be good for game development. Since depending how the tool works it could easily be to heavy on the system.