Prevantis

Copyright issue

So I understand that you cannot use real life brands in game due to copyright issues but what if somehow you got permision to use the designs would you then be able to do it?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Prevantis said:

So I understand that you cannot use real life brands in game due to copyright issues but what if somehow you got permision to use the designs would you then be able to do it?

They would have to pay to use real brands and so no. If they however did get permission for free without anything to give in return then I am sure they would use them but that would not happen without a price and so it won't happen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Prevantis said:

if somehow you got permision to use the designs would you then be able to do it?

IF.

Yes. 

But, the team has stated previously that licencing is way outside budget.

Therefore in game brands may be similar, but nothing will be branded.

An idea: if brands were to advertise in Identity, we then could have EVERYTHING be                   branded. but wont Identity then be some kind of marketing tool? 

Nevertheless a curious topic!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 9:51 AM, BlazinBender said:

IF.

Yes. 

But, the team has stated previously that licencing is way outside budget.

Therefore in game brands may be similar, but nothing will be branded.

An idea: if brands were to advertise in Identity, we then could have EVERYTHING be                   branded. butwont Identity then be some kind of marketing tool? 

Nevertheless a curious topic!

giphy.gif

I'd be ok with it being a marketing tool. It's a way for some companies to make money but first, the game needs to be released and then it needs to be popular so we'll see. 

Edited by gabzo
spelling
  • Like 1

i assume they will just rename it to something similar, thats what i have seen on arma 3 modpacks

if a game like GTA has to rename the cars and they are very popular, than i cant imagine Identity would get the rights for free to use them. its all about lining a rich corporate guys pockets and free isn't  in their vocabulary, that's why GTA has a car that you'd say " that's totally a viper, but its called a banshee or something"

I agree with @dimin69 and @Frostybeans, They would most likely rename a car. For example in real life we have a porche 911 (just came off the top of my head lol), What they would most likely do is rename the car to porch 911 and maybe change the logo up a bit. Most games do that unless they get the go ahead from the CEO of the car company.

8 hours ago, gabzo said:

It's a way for some companies to make money but first the game needs to be released and then it needs to b popular

Agreed!

but then I think

IMHO the game dont need no brands, but

ANYWAY...

giphy.gif

PEACE!

They should buy royalties or make their own music.

Edited by YaboyJax