SunDiego

jail and wanted level suggestion?

Hello

How will this whole court system and jail time work. Is it:

a) After a criminal got catched from the police, theyre driving him to a court room where he has to wait till a judge speaks out his sentence or the more better option imo..

b) After a criminal got catched from the police, theyre driving him to the police station, where he gets put in from there to his jail room and has to wait his time. The time should be based on the wanted level the  criminal got catched at. The wantet level shouldnt go away even if he logs off, since irl the crime doesnt go away either, think of it like that. At best the crime level should be lowered by some levels after 1 week or longer. Also you could get up to 99 or infinity wanted levels, it shouldnt just be stuck at 6 like in gta? So the times would look like this:

for each wanted level its 30 mins. So for 10 wanted levels the criminal should have to sit 300 mins in jail or 5 hours. Then the criminal levels should be given like 2 for speeding over the speed limit, 6-8 for light roberry, 10 for killing someone, 10-20 for heavy bank heists and the list goes on from there. But dont be afraid to put on long sentences. Its the players choice if they wanna be criminal and try to get money faster than the average hard working civilian but then he has to also pay the price IN TERMS OF SITTING IN JAIL. Please respect this opinion and try to implement as much as you can like this in the game. Believe me it will work out so good.

best regards

Sun Diego

@SunDiegoWhen you get arrested, dependant on the crime, minor or major. You will be taken to Jail if Minor. (Jail = about 10 mins currently for testing) and Major crimes means you get taken to prison (Major crimes = 45 mins max for testing). You can request a court trial if you have been taken to prison, and you hire a lawyer or speak your case in the court room. The Jury is picked at random and will then vote to whether you are guilty or not. 

If you leave when in jail or prison, when you log back on the server, you will still be in prison/ jail. Your jail/ prison time will pause and only will count down the timer when in the game server.

In the twitch clip directory, there are a few clips upon this subject/ question. Also a lot more useful answer's to questions you may also have are in the twitch clip directory too!

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Kind regards,

LuckyDuck

Thanks for your answer, but this doesnt help. I like how everything is good but iam not happy with the sentence times even if its for testing. I hope you can imrpove on that to higher ranges. The players wouldnt mind higher sentences since its their choice if they wanna be criminal to get in trouble. Its only logical to put it higher so they wont do it permamently every time they come out or am i missing something :)? I dont know how the system with rewards like the criminal actions work (drug dealing and stuff), like if you earn 10x more than an average job or so, so i cant determie the time that should be ok for that criminal action in this identity world.

I just try to give some good opinions. Ive played on SAMP back then on a really crowded 250 man real life rp server. I believe it will be like this game, very similar but this one has hundreds of more options and is otpimized for this actually and everything.

Edit: Iam sorry for my english being not perfect and i hope you understand everything.

king regards,
Sun Diego

Edited by SunDiego

39 minutes ago, SunDiego said:

Thanks for your answer, but this doesnt help. I like how everything is good but iam not happy with the sentence times even if its for testing. I hope you can imrpove on that to higher ranges. The players wouldnt mind higher sentences since its their choice if they wanna be criminal to get in trouble. Its only logical to put it higher so they wont do it permamently every time they come out or am i missing something :)? I dont know how the system with rewards like the criminal actions work (drug dealing and stuff), like if you earn 10x more than an average job or so, so i cant determie the time that should be ok for that criminal action in this identity world.

I just try to give some good opinions. Ive played on SAMP back then on a really crowded 250 man real life rp server. I believe it will be like this game, very similar but this one has hundreds of more options and is otpimized for this actually and everything.

Edit: Iam sorry for my english being not perfect and i hope you understand everything.

king regards,
Sun Diego

It is not a problem, I am happy to help in anyway possible!

The game is in very early development as you know and the times for the sentencing is for testing purposes and like everything, it is subject to change.

On Official servers, it likely will not be super high (IMO) while on private servers it can be changed by the Administrator of the server like many other things can be changed. 

Note that the prison and jail times won't matter until at least the Beta stage which is after all 3 modules. Beta is when we will be able to experience near enough the full game, including and not limited to the full game map, careers/ jobs and prison/ Jail!

Bear in mind this is to early to determine whether the jail/ prison times will be staying as they are or changing until the full testing for it has been done in the future.

Kind Regards,

LuckyDuck.