Upper chest make it a 15% one shot kill chance in game? 2 shot no doubt. Legs only drop people or make them limp, arms disable, head shot is obvious kill. 

Gangsters won't be gang banging much lol

3 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

It depends. Two shots to the leg kill you?

Bleed out after 2-5Mins if shot anywhere in the leg and untreated. Anywhere above, apart from arms, is almost instant kill without Armor

I am talking in general, people seem to die really fast in Arma and DayZ meaning if you shoot first you win, I personally dont like that idea.
I mean its realistic but not really fun if you think about it, it doesnt feel good to die to a 1 shot when escaping the cops and etc.As I said before take a look at Rust to see what I am talking about.A bullet to the head will kill if you dont have a helmet but other parts of the body can take around 5 shots.And bleeding, as realistic as it sounds its not fun in videogames

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

Upper chest make it a 15% one shot kill chance in game? 2 shot no doubt. Legs only drop people or make them limp, arms disable, head shot is obvious kill. 

Gangsters won't be gang banging much lol

Well if shot above waist, in Organs, its most likely an unrecoverable death, depending on how in depth the "Medical" system will be

2 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

I am talking in general, people seem to die really fast in Arma and DayZ meaning if you shoot first you win, I personally dont like that idea.
I mean its realistic but not really fun if you think about it, it doesnt feel good to die to a 1 shot when escaping the cops and etc.As I said before take a look at Rust to see what I am talking about.A bullet to the head will kill if you dont have a helmet but other parts of the body can take around 5 shots.And bleeding, as realistic as it sounds its not fun in videogames

If you know that you can get shot and still manage to run off, you wont "value" your life as much, so it makes you be more careful and plan more (Hopefully)

2 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

My general idea is that I would like gunfights to last for as long as possible

They might. But if you do get in a gun fight. Try not to get hit. Because it wont last long if you don't...

3 minutes ago, xIconikkx said:

But this game, has realistic gun physics, so most likely will be 1-2-3 shot kill...

That's good to know, if a single shot won't drop a person because cops are the only ones with precise aim then yeah.. Cops are supposed to win aren't they? That's life lol

Plus I heard about jamming. So sometimes we got a forgetful cop or two.. There's 6 shots not coming your way while escaping into the getaway car

Edited by NutterButter

Let's comprise then. One wants completely realistic and the other wants unrealistic so meet in the middle. Two shots to the DOME piece makes sure you can act but that you got to watch your ass.

Sound like a compromise?

Edited by NutterButter

I am fine with the solution that works and is fun, I just dont want another DayZ, meaning that I hope the engine of the game works and is fun

7 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

I am fine with the solution that works and is fun, I just dont want another DayZ, meaning that I hope the engine of the game works and is fun

Okay So maybe the game Will need some tinkering a twisting? We have to see like 15 firefights to get a good idea what they look like, just shift it around every fifteen firefights and see what seems to work, we want it to be realistic in numbers so equal squads might help, and of course strategy is more essential, but it's just a few quick battles. And it'll help your beta testers be an excellent police force. :o

I think this (lethality of fire-fights) will have to be play-tested to keep it at the 'realistic but fun' level.  But in the end, it is up to the developers and what they decide is best for Identity.  :)

IRL most shots go way wide, because no one wants to stick their head out when the other person is shooting at them.  Can't say I blame them!

Think about what a firefight really should look like in this game, the rough amount of time for newly met gamers- ya feel. 

Hope I'm helping some..

1 minute ago, Identitatem said:

I think this (lethality of fire-fights) will have to be play-tested to keep it at the 'realistic but fun' level.  But in the end, it is up to the developers and what they decide is best for Identity.  :)

IRL most shots go way wide, because no one wants to stick their head out when the other person is shooting at them.  Can't say I blame them!

This could not be more true, most police officers in real life cant even hit a barn wall in a real life combat situation because they are afraid 

Think of the environment and all the extra details and Think how long it will last after you have players acquainted well to their abities- like, skill could be all that matters- but Idk how manuvering this game will be, I'm hoping most for a system.that allows taking cover like gta, this seems.to.show it but it's only a pic, I believe words more than pictures.

11717290_441266896035373_57766331669592981_o.thumb.jpg.284d2a922274f28eb979b57d68093b56.jpg

Just now, Fabulous said:

This could not be more true, most police officers in real life cant even hit a barn wall in a real life combat situation because they are afraid 

Same for the bad guys!  Unless they're on drugs and then they usually can't aim any way, so it evens out, I suppose.  O.o

Heck, same in war -- most shots hit nothing but innocent matter such as walls, tress and what-not's.  Hmm, maybe I should manufacture bullets in the game?  xD

Nah, I think it needs a good balance between realism and fun.  Unless it aims to be ARMA online.  ^_^