Shwado

car engines

I'm not sure on being able to build an engine piece by piece, but if that were to become a thing, I'd believe it would be for Mechanics. I'd also see it being able to fit for civilians as well as you don't have to be a mechanic in real life to build an engine. 

22 minutes ago, Shwado said:

can u build a car engine piece by piece as a civ or is that only for the mechanic job ?

11 minutes ago, Dimmies said:

I'm not sure on being able to build an engine piece by piece, but if that were to become a thing, I'd believe it would be for Mechanics. I'd also see it being able to fit for civilians as well as you don't have to be a mechanic in real life to build an engine. 

Hope this helps.

well that didnt answer my question rly and i was the one who asked my question was can u build a car engine from ground up  like in my summer car or mechanic sim like just go to the town square get get a supercharger and slap it on the engine 

all though i kinda doubt it since from what i heard in the past streams the mechanic kinda lacks in jobs he just fixes cars and tows cars nothing more also another question can u hire people to work in your garage like a tow truck guy and other mechanics or will they just get auto assigned 

I dont feel like something that in-depth will be implemented, at least for the first release. I think the Devs are more focused on getting the core game out. As for hiring other people, if you own a towing/mechanic business in game, you can hire and task anyone and everyone who wishes be join your company! 

Business ownership allows players to own factories and small business, giving them control over what items are manufactured and sold. Items created by a factory must be delivered to their destination city where store owners in that area can decide what quantity and type (formal wear, casual, punk outfits, weapons, etc.) they wish to list in their business. Some default items are always available in all stores for when market demand is not met.

from 

Also : If you head into the Other Careers topic, you can see what people are talking about as well as the Board Room which showcases people advertising their businesses  they plan to open upon release!

Edited by Dimmies

well in the same stream at 29:02 he did say u can change the engine among other stuff but i just wanted confirmation on if u can do it diy and if it can be done manually or is it the gta system where u just buy an invisible power boost 

14 hours ago, Shwado said:

well in the same stream at 29:02 he did say u can change the engine among other stuff but i just wanted confirmation on if u can do it diy and if it can be done manually or is it the gta system where u just buy an invisible power boost 

I think he's referring to tuning your car and getting upgrades. 

ye but where does it stand tho is it just number changes or does the engine block actually change and can u change every peice manually or u just pay for it like in gta

i know paratus is pretty busy rn but i hope i can get an answer from him

Yeah, that might be something we'd have to wait for a little later towards the vehicle module release to find out. It would be more immersive to drop an entire engine in the car rather than fiddling with a slider, but I could see it happening either way. Were still quite a bit out till the Vehicle Mod though.

23 hours ago, Shwado said:

ye but where does it stand tho is it just number changes or does the engine block actually change and can u change every peice manually or u just pay for it like in gta

i know paratus is pretty busy rn but i hope i can get an answer from him

I can't say for sure, but I am pretty certain that building the engine from the ground up won't be a thing and it will be more like GTA.

On 25/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, Shwado said:

can u build a car engine piece by piece as a civ or is that only for the mechanic job ?

I think that would be pretty advanced, so I doubt it.  There will most probably be mechanic jobs, but not sure, as it there may be AI to get your car fixed and to buy cars from, so not sure what place a mechanic may have in the game.  They could have stats like repairing cars faster or something similar?

well the imgur is from a conversation i had with motown so he did confirm that it wont be as complex but the repair thing is gonna be like farcry 3 and the engine power increase is kinda like gta v its just  a number increase

Edited by Shwado
  • Like 1