Villasenor

Natural Disasters and buildings

Question

Will natural disasters be in Identity? Like Earthquakes, hurricanes/tornadoes, mud slides, etc? Would they create destruction to buildings and cause damages to economy if so? Also how realistic will weather be? Will rain, snow, fog, etc be realistic and require different vehicle parts and driving methods to drive better in?

Also would you be able to upgrade your buildings for like security features, luxury features, etc. And if the above is added can you upgrade buildings to survive better in those situations.

9 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Villasenor said:

Will natural disasters be in Identity? Like Earthquakes, hurricanes/tornadoes, mud slides, etc? Would they create destruction to buildings and cause damages to economy if so? Also how realistic will weather be? Will rain, snow, fog, etc be realistic and require different vehicle parts and driving methods to drive better in?

There won't be any snow fall all around the map, snow is on top of the mountains but nowhere else. Natural disasters have been suggested to the developers and they have thought about it a lot but right now they don't believe it will make it before full game release because they are not sure how they will do such things, however it is a possibility in the future after full release. There will be no destruction to buildings a such. Weather could affect vehicles but won't need different/ a change in vehicle parts.

9 hours ago, Villasenor said:

Also would you be able to upgrade your buildings for like security features, luxury features, etc. And if the above is added can you upgrade buildings to survive better in those situations.

Well the last bit won't be necessary because of no building destruction. There possibly will be feature to upgrade buildings if owned but I am not too sure on that.

5 hours ago, Villasenor said:

I believe driving will be altered following the weather, but I'm not sure about environment modification or destruction...

There will be storms but thats really it. Also lightning, I think the lightning can like take down a tree or hit a vehicle

18 hours ago, YouKnowBro said:

There will be storms but thats really it. Also lightning, I think the lightning can like take down a tree or hit a vehicle

Who will plant the trees back then? Will there be things like gardening, or will it be natural forest evolution?

4 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Who will plant the trees back then? Will there be things like gardening, or will it be natural forest evolution?

Lightning is not going to happen that often but to awnser your question, by the way im not quoting a dev im just going based off what i've heard, natural forest evolution

Edited by YouKnowBro

4 hours ago, YouKnowBro said:

Lightning is not going to happen that often but to awnser your question, by the way im not quoting a dev im just going based off what i've heard, natural forest evolution

Following your answer, have you heard anything about lumberjacks?

12 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

I think there will be a lumber buisness, emphasis on think, which will consist of chopping down the tree to bringing it to a saw mill and turning it into furniture. I THINK I heard of this a few months ago.

15 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

7 minutes ago, YouKnowBro said:

I think there will be a lumber buisness, emphasis on think, which will consist of chopping down the tree to bringing it to a saw mill and turning it into furniture. I THINK I heard of this a few months ago.

Yes you can be a lumberjack and yes you will take the wood and use that to craft furniture etc.