Vince

Is anybody listening?

Building on what Paulie said here, I feel like we're all just talking away at each other, arguing uselessly, while the devs seem to take no notice. I could easily be wrong, but from what I've seen nobody is reading the suggestions or discussions we have regarding various game mechanics. Of course I'm not saying the devs have to build the game to our every word, but considering we are the ones paying for it, they are making it for our enjoyment, and they've set up forums for the purpose of getting our feedback, you'd think they would join in the conversations and at least look over our ideas. 
Btw, didn't mean any offence to the devs of the game or mods of the forums, just felt like getting this out there. I could be wrong about all this, so what do you guys think, and the devs / mods themselves?

• Like 1

@Johnny Remember though, the Devs are working tirelessly just to get a game released, let alone implementing ideas we have. And even if they did choose to implement what we suggest, they would have to go over the 'science' behind those ideas. Motown and Paratus are working on getting the game to beta. After that, they might take into account our ideas. I understand you (and I included) want your ideas heard, but its just not that easy. They have a set plan on what they will be releasing into the beta, so they just can't add what we want. You make a good point by saying we paid for it, we deserve some say. And you're right, we do. But unless we truly flesh out our ideas, they won't take it seriously. And I don't blame them. As for the Mods, they are here to 'keep the peace' and resolve issues with they forum... that's all. They have a little more say than we do, regarding the game, but even they can't get ideas implemented. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@Johnny Remember though, the Devs are working tirelessly just to get a game released, let alone implementing ideas we have. And even if they did choose to implement what we suggest, they would have to go over the 'science' behind those ideas. Motown and Paratus are working on getting the game to beta. After that, they might take into account our ideas. I understand you (and I included) want your ideas heard, but its just not that easy. They have a set plan on what they will be releasing into the beta, so they just can't add what we want. You make a good point by saying we paid for it, we deserve some say. And you're right, we do. But unless we truly flesh out our ideas, they won't take it seriously. And I don't blame them. As for the Mods, they are here to 'keep the peace' and resolve issues with they forum... that's all. They have a little more say than we do, regarding the game, but even they can't get ideas implemented. 

You're not wrong, and I have to agree with most of what you say, but my main point was what is the point of having the forums and claiming to read our ideas if they are not at least going to be considered? I wouldn't say it's entirely up to the community to flesh out these ideas, most of that would have to be done by the devs because they know what will be possible, what will be compatible, etc. 

Of course they are working tirelessly to make the game, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have some sort of correspondent relaying ideas and conversations from the forums to them.

@Johnny I can't say I speak for the Devs, so I can't disagree with what you are saying. I just think we should all have a little more faith in Motwon And Paratus. If, by the time they have released the first module, and they still have been reading our ideas, then we should make a problem out of it. Until then, lets just wait and see whats in store. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@Johnny I can't say I speak for the Devs, so I can't disagree with what you are saying. I just think we should all have a little more faith in Motwon And Paratus. If, by the time they have released the first module, and they still have been reading our ideas, then we should make a problem out of it. Until then, lets just wait and see whats in store. 

That's fair enough, and we really don't have any other option, do we? And I'm sure I'm not the only one with a good deal of faith in them, otherwise we wouldn't still be here, but from the looks of it there are so many promising ideas and so much good feedback on the forums which seems to go unnoticed. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@Johnny Hey, why not create a thread about all the good ideas people have!? And no, we don't have an option. But lets just wait and see xD

Not a bad idea, actually. I'll do that later.

Lets just hope the devs don't run into barriers, and can cleanly do what they want to do. Remember, they are the ones playing it to, they are the ones who had the idea, and made it something. 

• Like 1

Well I personally got to say is that, No one knows if they read our ideas but we do know they could be reading them, and thinking about whether or not it would be hard to do it. But in the long run, they are more or less just thinking/ concerntrating on getting the first module finished up for us, to actually give us a piece of the pie itself instead of wasting time reading ideas as because they can do that once the first module is already finished. I am just saying they could be reading them but just not replying to the threads. Motown does visit the forums as you have seen, he has responded to questions in the past and I am sure paratus does the same.