TheHellmare

$90-$100 backer substitute

Back when I was looking through the backer rewards I noticed something I am now a bit skeptical about after pledging $100 to get the used motorcycle as my vehicle. The problem is... its not a car! It doesn't have storage space or anything which would be important in game. Which is why I suggest possibly being allowed to sell or trade in the motorcycle for a car of equal value ranking higher than the Rusted Car since we backed more money for the vehicle. Could a dev or moderator please clear this up as I feel it is quite an important thing to be considering. 

Edited by TheHellmare
Spelling errors

1 hour ago, TheHellmare said:

Back when I was looking through the backer rewards I noticed something I am now a bit skeptical about after pledging $100 to get the used motorcycle as my vehicle. The problem is... its not a car! It doesn't have storage space or anything which would be important in game. Which is why I suggest possibly being allowed to sell or trade in the motorcycle for a car of equal value ranking higher than the Rusted Car since we backed more money for the vehicle. Could a dev or moderator please clear this up as I feel it is quite an important thing to be considering. 

Yeah there is not a way to trade the pledge vehicle in for something different unfortunately and so you can either down grade or keep the one you have.

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yeah there is not a way to trade the pledge vehicle in for something different unfortunately and so you can either down grade or keep the one you have.

Would we atleast be able to sell it for a price relatively close to the cost of a car in-game though?

5 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

Would we atleast be able to sell it for a price relatively close to the cost of a car in-game though?

I am sure they are permanent and could possibly be locked to the account but I will need to check as I am not sure.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I am sure they are permanent and could possibly be locked to the account but I will need to check as I am not sure.

So what you're saying is: unless you downgrade your pledge for a car, you'd need to, instead, upgrade to a 2 car garage space if you ever wanted to own another vehicle, such as a car. If that's the case then that's a bit disappointing... I hope they consider changing this. 

5 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

So what you're saying is: unless you downgrade your pledge for a car, you'd need to, instead, upgrade to a 2 car garage space if you ever wanted to own another vehicle, such as a car. If that's the case then that's a bit disappointing... I hope they consider changing this. 

No, you can own more than one car but I am saying the pledge vehicle is permanent to your account. You can buy a garage in-game to store more vehicles; However I need to double check for me to be sure as I cannot confirm how it is as of yet.

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

No, you can own more than one car but I am saying the pledge vehicle is permanent to your account. You can buy a garage in-game to store more vehicles; However I need to double check for me to be sure as I cannot confirm how it is as of yet.

Well the pledge gives a one-vehicle garage space for one vehicle. But if there is a way we can somehow put away the bike, housing it possible elsewhere in the game (likely a space outside of the apartment garage) then I think I'd be mostly happy with that. I appreciate the responses and hope I can hear back from you about selling the vehicle or whatever. Feeling a bit relieved already.