Aengul

Is the Voice Chat Toxic?

Hey, I was wondering about the ingame voice chat. To be more specific, I was wondering what the game is going to do, to keep the game non toxic, aka keeping the realistic feel that the game is going after. I mean anyone can say anything in voice chat right? So how does that stop people from absolutely be as toxic as they possibly can against each other?

This is possibly one of the main things that has kept me from pledging to the game.

Admins will probably try to keep it as best they can and being that this is just a role playing game that's what most people will be playing to do.

• Like 1

I'd try to have faith in the community on this one. That's all we can really do.  People will do what they want and not always get punished for it, and no devs can really change how people will or will not abuse the features in their games.

• Like 1

"You'll have no trouble making friends with Identity's world-class voice communication system. When you do meet new people, add them to your friends list using your in-game smartphone. Your contacts will even carry over into the full Identity game!"

Also I watched an interview with the devs and proximity chat will be there, but for long distance you will have to call their phone number. If worried about the problem, there will be non official servers which will be ran by people, you can report them to the owners of that server and have them dealt with. Now if on an official server, not sure how they can deal with it. I suggest walking away from them and ignore them. I feel like it will be unlikely that you will have toxic conversation as the game has so much to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asupra said:

have faith in this community its more mature than u think :)

Until the game is released fully to the steam market I possibly think he means as who knows how many toxic player will play this game who play games like Garry's Mod RP.

• Like 2

Do realize that the people who will be on this game, will WANT to be on this game. This is unlike a free mod for Arma 2/3 on public servers. It costs those toxic people next to nothing if they already bought Arma. White-listed private servers fixed most of that. The audience on private servers are way less toxic (there's always those few people) than they are on public. People don't risk it as much.

Now there's Identity. This game will cost them money. Even as cheap as $15, but I do assume most people went for the $30 option. So even on a public server, people will have paid money to play THIS game, public or not. Being a toxic member does risk you getting banned. And the developers said bans are global. I'm not sure toxicity will get you perma-banned, but cheating and other bad behavior might very well.

This argument makes me think the voice chat and general behavior of the players will be rather alright. Especially compared to the Life mods and similar mods. If people can't stay in check, they'll risk losing quite a sum.

Like I keep saying, private servers with the man power to enforce this.

I agree that the immersion can be destroyed with a few toxic mic interactions.

Throw the buggers in Solitary Confinement. Their voices won't be heard that way.

It's legal, trust me, I'm a lawyer ;)

Edited by Saavedro