Striker

Grappling hook

Their are grapple hooks in real life but its limited theirs one that's meant to climb trees and others for buildings. I like the tree one.:D

There is hiking in game isn't there? So maybe a grapple type thing will be in game. But should be visable, like only in your hand not concelled.

I don't think they should be in reminds me to much of bf hardline 

Just putting my two cents in.

I barely have an understanding of the developer's standpoint on making this game a freedom sandbox rpg or a restricted rpg. The reason you may have not heard someone use a grappling hook to rob a place is...

A) the story was too stupid to air across the nation.

B) the robber that used a grappling hook got away, uncaught.

C) no has committed a crime with a grappling hook, because they are not stupid.

What I do not understand, please clarify for me, are we forced to rp situations only set by actual events in life? Identity should offer ultimate freedom to do what we want to create our own unique experiences. Just because no one has grapple hooked on a building, to get into a window or something, does not mean someone cannot irl. I understand some events are really uncommon to happen, but we or the developers have to separate those; at the end of the day a grappling hook (like the one in Rainbow six siege) is not something crazy that people can abuse. Worse thing that can happen is that someone goes around trolling people outside their window, but that would be called stalking. 

Just my two cents, please don't shoot.

Edited by Taquito
Grammer

Also on official servers, if people were to abuse the grappling hook in public, then they could just get arrested or fined since things like that would be against the law. That could be a law that is never changed in the world.

@Taquito I think that if you want to avoid abuse with any feature in a game, you must have a lot of alternative features. Imagine devs add the grappling hook but it's the only way to get into a building sneakily, people will abuse it and the game will like to a big climbing wall. Now imagine you have hundred way to get into the building (like in life, there is not only one way) people will have to make a choice and will not choose grappling hook all the time (because it not so sneaky, or just dangerous).

Imagine how much work you must do if you have to add hundred of features for any imaginable action, it's impossible!

So here what I think, if you can't add enought features to equilibrate an item and avoid abuse, don't add it now. I don't think that the grappling hook is an important item for now, I mean that devs need to focus on more realistics way to get into a bank and rob it (explosives, just come by the main entrance and rob clients...)

I hope my message is understandable (I never write so long message in english xD)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

this is how you think grappling hooks work:

how grappling hooks work in reallife:

Why are you being so ignorant. This whole time he has literally been referring to the one in real life. He even said not like the one in just cause lol. And even then, this second video isn't an accurate showing of what he is talking about. He is talking about the one that isn't a gun. He is referring to the one you have in your hand and actually have to throw with your hands. Please don't be ignorant about a situation during a debate. It just makes you look more stupid and makes people waste their time on you. I'm not wasting my time because I am taking a dump while typing this.

Edited by RoundOctagon

1 hour ago, RoundOctagon said:

Why are you being so ignorant. This whole time he has literally been referring to the one in real life. He even said not like the one in just cause lol. And even then, this second video isn't an accurate showing of what he is talking about. He is talking about the one that isn't a gun. He is referring to the one you have in your hand and actually have to throw with your hands. Please don't be ignorant about a situation during a debate. It just makes you look more stupid and makes people waste their time on you. I'm not wasting my time because I am taking a dump while typing this.

i'm sorry. will read it next time. but why dump? that's inpolite. that's unrespectable if you're taking dump while chating with someone.

Edited by Shimozukachi

@Freebios I agree, content, like the grappling hook, does not need to instantly come out. I just feel like people here are too scared of what other people can do in Identity. I understand there are minges, trolls, and people who want to ruin your time. You know what I call those people in game like Identity? Criminals, and they are not going to last a long time if they balance out the police force.  

Again, if someone can please clarify on the developer's standpoint, if Identity is going to be a true realistic role playing game or a "realistic" mini game for role playing? (If it is a mini-game, do private owned servers have the option to change that. For example, making perma death a thing or lifetime jail sentences which can be considered as bans.)

I have hopes for Identity, for it to be the first true realistic role playing simulator. Though, all my hopes do not need to be inside Identity, but that my hopes is a goal or path for Identity to follow. That one day the developers will come out with a new update or Identity 2 that provides the player free will. That the of path of Identity is not defined by fear of others, that makes the game more restricted as time passes. That I can plan to take a drive to the mountains and buy a grappling hook. Then to use that grappling hook to just get on top of the bank, you got to think someone is going to see and they're going to call the police. The whole point of a grappling hook is just an idea of a million other ideas. I want you to right now think on how you would rob a bank in real life, but you cannot go through the front doors guns blazing and cannot blow your way in. Use your imagination, and as you using your imagination think about how you are feeling. Now if that process can be put inside a game, than a player truly has free will; free will is what we have in real life.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

i'm sorry. will read it next time. but why dump? that's inpolite. that's unrespectable if you're taking dump while chating with someone.

Ey I was bored fam. Sometimes while you are on the tanker you just need to do something to pass the time.

1 hour ago, RoundOctagon said:

Ey I was bored fam. Sometimes while you are on the tanker you just need to do something to pass the time.

did you wash your hands?

@Taquito i liked your perma death and life time jail idea for server options would really make people think before they got into a fire fight.