Striker

House money

Will you have to keep paying for a house like in real life or if you have enough money to buy it right away? I think to buy a house you should not have to pay like every month or something like that. Also I think the houses should have expandable land like a backyard. Named neighborhoods would be cool too like some could have neighborhood pools and some wouldn't.

I think you will have to pay every month for rented homes or hotels.  It'd be cool to see some neighborhoods named after players that did something cool there or own the town, I don't know if that's what you were implying but, yeh.

Edited by Xentinel

There will be rent. It's basically to make sure the player who uses the house is active- like actually active, not just logging into the game for 5 minutes to afk so his house doesn't disown him. You'll have to pay some money every X time or you lose your house and someone else can buy it. Because there's a limited amount of houses on the map, each house is unique and can be owned by 1 person on the server, they have to be owned by active users or there will never be any available houses.

There will be gardens!

Homes can be either owned or rented. The tax Motown speaks of is for ownership and is minimal (controlled to an extent by the governor). If you own a home you can put it on the rental market and someone will pay a rental fee which you set and  to which they agree. You can be a real estate mogal or rent to start until you build wealth enough to buy a home outright.

We expect that homes will be inexpensive to start but as demand grows rental prices will naturally increase.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paratus said:

Homes can be either owned or rented. The tax Motown speaks of is for ownership and is minimal (controlled to an extent by the governor). If you own a home you can put it on the rental market and someone will pay a rental fee which you set and  to which they agree. You can be a real estate mogal or rent to start until you build wealth enough to buy a home outright.

We expect that homes will be inexpensive to start but as demand grows rental prices will naturally increase.

Lets say that someone no longer pays the tax on his property and as a result loses it. I'm interested to know what will happen to the players belongings. Items like laptops, TVs (if you purchase them for your home), furniture, car, ect?

Are there plans for some sort of moving system?

4 hours ago, ZombieShock said:

Lets say that someone no longer pays the tax on his property and as a result loses it. I'm interested to know what will happen to the players belongings. Items like laptops, TVs (if you purchase them for your home), furniture, car, ect?

Are there plans for some sort of moving system?

Storage war, identity version? :P

• Like 1

Furniture won't be lost. It's stored in a sort of special storage system to make placing it in homes more convenient. You'll get a glimpse of this pretty soon, I think.

• Like 2

So, I'm just confused about one thing... I saw the post about rent and stuff earlier, but if you pay for a house in full does it ever stop being your's? Unless of course you sell it, that is. Also, is that the same for boats? I kinda have a dream to buy a yacht and store all kinda illegal weapons for a rainy day on it, but that won't work without me keeping it. So, it all rounds up to, I know if you rent it and you aren't active it will go away, but if you OWN it, like you payed for it in full, would your ownership of it ever deteriorate?

Thanks -Ted

Also, how do computers work? Will they work like how they do in real life? Will all our data be saved and we can take laptops, and desktop computers are better than laptops, etc? Basically the whole question is, Will computers just be like they reset everytime you log back in and not special, or will they be personal and personalizable, like IRL computers, and be special in that sense? I Hope you guys respond, I'm really looking forward to this game, as it looks so revolutionary, and I want to hear more about this project! Keep me posted guys!

Edited by Ted1590
Needed to add something without double posting

1 hour ago, Ted1590 said:

So, I'm just confused about one thing... I saw the post about rent and stuff earlier, but if you pay for a house in full does it ever stop being your's? Unless of course you sell it, that is. Also, is that the same for boats? I kinda have a dream to buy a yacht and store all kinda illegal weapons for a rainy day on it, but that won't work without me keeping it. So, it all rounds up to, I know if you rent it and you aren't active it will go away, but if you OWN it, like you payed for it in full, would your ownership of it ever deteriorate?

Thanks -Ted

Also, how do computers work? Will they work like how they do in real life? Will all our data be saved and we can take laptops, and desktop computers are better than laptops, etc? Basically the whole question is, Will computers just be like they reset everytime you log back in and not special, or will they be personal and personalizable, like IRL computers, and be special in that sense? I Hope you guys respond, I'm really looking forward to this game, as it looks so revolutionary, and I want to hear more about this project! Keep me posted guys!

Boats are treated as vehicles, so they won't disappear. They'll just be stored at the garage... Or bay I guess. With houses, because they are unique and there can be only 1 owner per house per server- if you're not paying the "rent", you're evicted. Think of it as bills or something- you have to pay a small amount of money every X time. Why? Because it ensures you're EARNING money and actually are active. If it was "buy it- own it forever as long as you're active" you could just log into the game and go afk for 5-30 minutes, keeping the house, or HOUSES, taken.

No clue about computers. There'll probably be a lot of designs of PCs and laptops in stores. Not sure to what extent you can personalize them!

2 hours ago, Vix said:

Boats are treated as vehicles, so they won't disappear. They'll just be stored at the garage... Or bay I guess. With houses, because they are unique and there can be only 1 owner per house per server- if you're not paying the "rent", you're evicted. Think of it as bills or something- you have to pay a small amount of money every X time. Why? Because it ensures you're EARNING money and actually are active. If it was "buy it- own it forever as long as you're active" you could just log into the game and go afk for 5-30 minutes, keeping the house, or HOUSES, taken.

No clue about computers. There'll probably be a lot of designs of PCs and laptops in stores. Not sure to what extent you can personalize them!

Will we have to pay annually for the docking space of the boat or will it just be first come first serve, and you pay for every x hour you have it there?

5 hours ago, Xentinel said:

Will we have to pay annually for the docking space of the boat or will it just be first come first serve, and you pay for every x hour you have it there?

This is a good question... But there are no answers. Or questions like this on twitter.

6 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

But as I understand the yacht can be treated as a home also right

Yeah, yachts and RVs.

But I doubt they'll be treated same as houses or be unique. I think they'd be rather seen as vehicles primarily.

Now I wonder if you'll be able to rob them...