Boumu

Character Voices

Would be cool to have character voices for reaction noises.

Getting shot makes your character groan, instead of not giving a fuck.

Taking more than 2 minutes to make a choice when buying food at a store makes your character hum, or go like; "hmm"

Running for a long time and running out of stamina makes you pant and gasp for air

Drowning will you gargle

Some other animations/interactions should queue some more noises

Your character's voice is YOUR voice. They won't go "Haha" when you type /laugh, you have to laugh, and they won't yawn when you type /yawn, you have to yawn. They move their lips when you're talking through your microphone.

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

Your character's voice is YOUR voice. They won't go "Haha" when you type /laugh, you have to laugh, and they won't yawn when you type /yawn, you have to yawn. They move their lips when you're talking through your microphone.

But I was thinking about stuff like when you're shot your character should instinctively cringe or painfully moan; amirite?

3 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

But I was thinking about stuff like when you're shot your character should instinctively cringe or painfully moan; amirite?

Nah. I'd find it extremely annoying if my character had it's 2nd own voice, because there's no way it'd sound like mine and it'd drive me crazy if I was talking like "Hi, how are you doing?" and my character would simultaneously go "Hmmm" or something. There'd be weird things like old man with a very elderly, low voice suddenly saying "Ouch!" in a 20-year old higher pitched voice and all of that.

• Like 1

Yeah I think @Vix is right. It wouldt make sens if the charatcter has two different voices. If you get shot you would have to do the sound yourself.

Best regards

Roba

But would it be a way to customize your voice in the game so you don't sound like irl?

deep male adult voice: "ouch! that's hurting!"; 12 years old squeaker that controls that character: "stop shooting me! *crys and shouts*"; you get it?