Sign in to follow this  
Emiellio11

How much gb is the game going to be expected.

My question is how much GB is the final game expected to be is it like battlefield 50 or more???

As Motown said in the identity discord , its hard to know how big the client will be but they are sure to make it not too big of a file size.

There is no official statement about the size, however do expect it's not 20GB or anything lower since there are a lot of files and custom content. However this is purely speculation.

52 minutes ago, DonBordello said:

i think it would be like gta5 or other big games 60-80gb

i doubt that the game would be that big , i would say its 30 ~ 50 GB since identity isn't a AAA title.

1 hour ago, Dahoom152 said:

i doubt that the game would be that big , i would say its 30 ~ 50 GB since identity isn't a AAA title.

Then again, we have no way to know for sure. If you mod Arma 3 the mods require a lot of data aswell.

Well I can say no one really knows how big it is going to be because the game is not even half way finished and so really there is no way to tell. However it probably won't be as big as GTA because there is no "Single player or as many AI/ they are not roaming". I will guess around the same as what @Dahoom152 said; 30 - 50 GB but I could be wrong.

Just like @LuckyDuck and @Dahoom152 said, more around the 30-50GB range (I'd assume) for the base game. I'm like 45% sure the devs said mod support will not be a thing at first, so that won't be a problem (being as some mods are several GB big) so don't worry about really big storage issues.

If you're worried about running out of storage on your PC, you could pick up a Western Digital MyPassport thing (external hardrive) I'm pretty sure the 1TB version is about the same as a normal (internal) harddrive is (40-50 USD).

If you're worried about a large download file because your wifi sucks/not the best, don't know what to tell you xD

I have around 80gb left and also Can delete Some games so gb is not antything to upgrade but I will keep looking

6 hours ago, Emiellio11 said:

I have around 80gb left and also Can delete Some games so gb is not antything to upgrade but I will keep looking

If you are going to keep looking for size, then I advice you to look at a later date, I mean after we have maybe all 3 modules because that is the best time to get a accurate answer, but it is however your choice.

The file might be expandable since if you join a fan made server that has tons of plugins or other data then the folder will get bigger just like the game Gmod

4 hours ago, Moselk said:

The file might be expandable since if you join a fan made server that has tons of plugins or other data then the folder will get bigger just like the game Gmod

There won't be mods as for ever unless the devs change their minds but they won't be in the game as for now.

First released beta is a social module and an intro to the game, that being said content will be relatively low compared to when the game is fully released. I would guess less than 6gb for the town square installment.

Identity won't be like other MMOs but clear up at least 15-30 GB for good measure (comparing to other MMO sizes).

On 5/19/2017 at 2:31 AM, Emiellio11 said:

My question is how much GB is the final game expected to be is it like battlefield 50 or more???