SpeedisHere

Hosting price

Does anybody have a idea to the cost to host a server ? Thanks in advance !

~Xtreme Services CEO

58e71051099bd_thankyou.gif.5eca84caa314e

Edited by SpeedisHere

38 minutes ago, SpeedisHere said:

~Xtreme Services CEO

DISCLAIMER: I don't have much knowledge of how servers will be distributed. I'm unsure if they will be sold via Asylum, or if you will be expected to run a dedicated server and port it for Identity. All my following claims are pure speculation.

Well, if you're looking for the player size of official servers, I doubt they will be very cheap. I'm unsure how it will work completely. I'm pretty sure they're just going to have you make your own servers -- so as of that, you could easily find a cheap server hosting company to run it off. Keep in mind that you're going to want to wait for knowledge of the game requirements to be released before purchasing a server. For instance, if you are to purchase dedi's and be forced to port, you might potentially buy a server that doesn't meet requirements to run a successful server. Until then, I would worry more about looking for cheap server hostings. If you would like, I can cite a few I've used in the past for a potential reference. 

Hope I was of help,

~ SummitsEdge

It will all depend on how many hosting services are offering servers within the game. This means that in the beginning I imagine it would be rather expensive due to the small amount of hosting services being offered, and may get cheaper with time.

16 hours ago, SpeedisHere said:

~Xtreme Services CEO

The servers will be rented by slots and will be at affordable pricing. There will be no dedicated servers that you can host off of as I was told and also there will be only a select few providers which are en-trusted / will be a provider that will host servers and I have no clue how many there will be.

@SummitsEdge

I know your speculating but there won't be dedi's you have to rent servers, and they are said to be affordable. Renting a server won't be available until after full game release and well you won't be able to host servers of your own computer or dedi's. Only the selected server providers from the "Asylum Team" will be server hoster's.

Edited by JamesLuck01

@HairyGrenade  , is this pin worthy ? It's probably going to be one of the most asked questions. I don't know, just a thought that went through my head.

Edited by SpeedisHere

10 hours ago, SpeedisHere said:

@HairyGrenade  , is this pin worthy ? It's probably going to be one of the most asked questions. I don't know, just a thought that went through my head.

No pin neede here because this question has already been answered several times in the Q&A Section.