is driving with a keyboard easy, because if you drive with a keyboard it's more difficult to stick to the speed limit because you always have to accelerate and release gas when you drive too fast. and with a steeringwheel/pedal set it's easier to stick to the speed limit.o.O

Thanks! :D

Edited by Mustang_RS_Fan

9 minutes ago, Mustang_RS_Fan said:

is driving with a keyboard easy, because if you drive with a keyboard it's more difficult to stick to the speed limit because you always have to accelerate and release gas when you drive too fast. and with a steeringwheel/pedal set it's easier to stick to the speed limit.o.O

Thanks! :D

It will still be harder than the steering wheel and pedals. But I am sure they will try make it as easy as possible.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

It will still be harder than the steering wheel and pedals. But I am sure they will try make it as easy as possible.

Could we possibly use a controller just for driving?

• Like 1

I love keyboard driving i just find it easier to control the car yes i understand it can be hard to keep to speed limits but i do find it way more controllable with a keyboard.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, assassinwolf3568 said:

I believe an easy fix to the whole speed limit thing would be to have an option to use cruise control.

I love driving in games so it will not be fun to drive with cruise control the whole time to avoid the Police to stop you. But as an option it will be nice to have. ^_^

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

Could we possibly use a controller just for driving?

Yes they were doing controller testing some time ago for controllers and so yes they will be supported.

• Like 2

Keyboard driving will probably be the first priority as it's a peripheral that mainly everyone will be using, a wheel set is a lot more niche and shouldn't give too much of an advantage. My only wonder is how driving with realistic physics will work on keyboard. I assume there'll be a lot of input dampening. A lot of racing simulators make it the instant you press A or D the wheel goes from lock to lock instantaneously which obviously isn't ideal. I think Euro Truck Simulator does a good job with digital inputs however.

Another solution is to add mouse steering support. I think a lot of simulators do this, even ArmA III does this too. Means that you have a lot more granularity in the steering inputs, and you can be pretty fast with it too.

Makes me wonder how braking is going to work too. Obviously in real life people don't just slam on the brakes when they're rolling to a stop, so it'll be interesting to see how that works too.

4 hours ago, flowermouth said:

Keyboard driving will probably be the first priority as it's a peripheral that mainly everyone will be using, a wheel set is a lot more niche and shouldn't give too much of an advantage. My only wonder is how driving with realistic physics will work on keyboard. I assume there'll be a lot of input dampening. A lot of racing simulators make it the instant you press A or D the wheel goes from lock to lock instantaneously which obviously isn't ideal. I think Euro Truck Simulator does a good job with digital inputs however.

Another solution is to add mouse steering support. I think a lot of simulators do this, even ArmA III does this too. Means that you have a lot more granularity in the steering inputs, and you can be pretty fast with it too.

Makes me wonder how braking is going to work too. Obviously in real life people don't just slam on the brakes when they're rolling to a stop, so it'll be interesting to see how that works too.

I love driving in euro truck simulator, I hope driving in Identity will also be as nice as that!xD

1 hour ago, Mustang_RS_Fan said:

I love driving in euro truck simulator, I hope driving in Identity will also be as nice as that!xD

For sure. I think it's definitely the baseline handling model for legal street driving.

• Like 1

I will most likely be using an Xbox controller because the triggers on the back that are usually used for gas and brake have sensitivity detection and you can push them in all the way or less which means you will have a great control over how fast you are going and realistic acceleration instead of just burning rubber everytime the light turns green. 

I am fairly certain that the driving mechanism will be amazing, with all of the goodies. Turning signals, wiper control, (heat/AC?), headlight control, and basically all of the things that make ETS2 amazing.

• Like 1