Thiago

Npcs

Recommended Posts

On 15/02/2017 at 1:27 AM, Thiago said:

In my opinion the NPCs are in the MMORPG games to make the game more alive, understand

We understand clearly, but it is not immersive for a roleplay game which you cannot interact with NPC's as good as real people. Players are more immersive when interacting in RP sense and so immersion is at the highest levels. This game is about socialising more than anything and so If you talk to a NPC is that going to be immersive if the game has replies scripted? no, if the player talks to a player the game is more immersive because the replies are not scripted. Also this game is the first of it's kind and well will out do the games with NPC's everywhere because they don't have the immersion the game requires for RP. This game will rule out the proper way of making a MMORPG! If you don't like the world being more empty as no AI roaming like GTA or games like Skyrim then you can choose to leave or stay but I guarantee if you stay, you will feel good as you made the right decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you come to that conclusion? Npcs are basically the same thing as robots. They don't think for themselves. Their behavior is based on coding. Now, Im not against Npcs if it were a one-player game we were talking about. But this is a MMORPG. Online gaming revolves around community. You will probably see Npcs as venders, and I hope they play the role as prison guards, but I don't see much further use for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's true they do not think, by them selves but there are companies that are working on AI that allows them to make their own decisions but also adding fail safes and restrictions so they don't go on a killing spree, I am sure that they can make AI that can judge decisions of the player, and reply accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe they are be too busy with other aspects of the game. And this technology probably requires a lot of data, and they probably don't want to blow up our hard drives. They consider it unimportant as well. They said they won't be using Npcs as much. They want to make this game feel as realistic as possible. We can't have everything we want in a game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16. Februar 2017 at 5:41 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

We understand clearly, but it is not immersive for a roleplay game which you cannot interact with NPC's as good as real people. Players are more immersive when interacting in RP sense and so immersion is at the highest levels. This game is about socialising more than anything and so If you talk to a NPC is that going to be immersive if the game has replies scripted? no, if the player talks to a player the game is more immersive because the replies are not scripted. Also this game is the first of it's kind and well will out do the games with NPC's everywhere because they don't have the immersion the game requires for RP. This game will rule out the proper way of making a MMORPG! If you don't like the world being more empty as no AI roaming like GTA or games like Skyrim then you can choose to leave or stay but I guarantee if you stay, you will feel good as you made the right decision.

Or at least have NPC drive That would make the streets feel more lively... 

Edited by Businessmann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Businessmann said:

Or at least have NPC drive That would make the streets feel more lively... 

No, because that is going GTA Style. This game is more freedom and well having NPC's driving that randomly crash into you; how are you supposed to interact with them? you can't.

NPC's roaming is the worst thing to have in the game of freedom because well they always will behave different and well they are stupid and ruins our driving experience (My Opinion). However they do make the map not feel empty but I would rather not go have another GTA because you cannot interaction roleplay with them in general.

Quote

How did you come to that conclusion? Npcs are basically the same thing as robots. They don't think for themselves. Their behavior is based on coding. Now, Im not against Npcs if it were a one-player game we were talking about. But this is a MMORPG. Online gaming revolves around community. You will probably see Npcs as venders, and I hope they play the role as prison guards, but I don't see much further use for them.

No prison guards at all either.

Edited by JamesLuck01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure some streets will feel a bit empty (some times) but(!) you will not have to think of NPCs that don't do what they should (move over when the police/medic/fire fighters come etc). And you always know that when you see someone it is a real player that you can interact with. 

Also this is how Altis life on Arma 3 works, and that is one of the most fun gamemodes I have ever played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem I have with no NPC's and also other issues which spring to mind what if you on a low populated server or in another time zone how will you be able to interact if none is online? This could cause it to be really boring if there are no other players about. This leads me to believe that the playing area would have to be small and limited too which does not sound appealing if you want to adventure out into the wilderness so I can see many issues from a playing perspective here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Asbo said:

The problem I have with no NPC's and also other issues which spring to mind what if you on a low populated server or in another time zone how will you be able to interact if none is online? This could cause it to be really boring if there are no other players about. This leads me to believe that the playing area would have to be small and limited too which does not sound appealing if you want to adventure out into the wilderness so I can see many issues from a playing perspective here!

I think that you can sleep to wait the right time when the server will fill up or you can go to another server with more players playing.
In all cases, I think when you find a server with low population is because the game is not attractive anymore, but this we hope that never will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trustvainer said:

I think that you can sleep to wait the right time when the server will fill up or you can go to another server with more players playing.
In all cases, I think when you find a server with low population is because the game is not attractive anymore, but this we hope that never will happen.

I do not intend to keep jumping servers to find a population once i select a server i want to play there and build the character up pointless if I need to roam to play...As for your suggestion that I sleep that's stands to reason I will be sleeping as and when needed with the character, however I do not want to be constantly having to relog to find people to interact with so in my opinion this will be the dervs biggest challenge to keep the community interested for the long term to warrant the invest to play the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than 10k accounts bought, yes we can find very much servers with enough populate to play in. Don't worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious as to what the population limit is on these servers.

Edited by Mentality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2017 at 11:41 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

We understand clearly, but it is not immersive for a roleplay game which you cannot interact with NPC's as good as real people. Players are more immersive when interacting in RP sense and so immersion is at the highest levels. This game is about socialising more than anything and so If you talk to a NPC is that going to be immersive if the game has replies scripted? no, if the player talks to a player the game is more immersive because the replies are not scripted. Also this game is the first of it's kind and well will out do the games with NPC's everywhere because they don't have the immersion the game requires for RP. This game will rule out the proper way of making a MMORPG! If you don't like the world being more empty as no AI roaming like GTA or games like Skyrim then you can choose to leave or stay but I guarantee if you stay, you will feel good as you made the right decision.

So we won't be able to marry and have NPC children?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No NPC children, just marriage afaik.

NPCs should in my opinion exist as long as they are not needed to interact with. 

That is: as in real life, the shop vendor is actually an NPC in your real life. You don't really interact with him besides the functionality it provides.

If a shop vendor in game was relevant to the story, then it would be an immersion breaker, but not if they only serve as vendors. And we need them because an empty shop is unrealistic.

Same guess for NPC drivers. You don't interact directly with them, but empty roads are in my opinion a heavy immersion breaker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okey Development team, I know that the game can't be what it is without having no NPCs, but if a server does not have 300 players playing the game you should definitely fill in the spaces with NPCs,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now