Pro-Genius

About the final game

I wonder if we have to buy a passport to play the game when the final game is released "not modules or beta" ??

Edited by Pro-Genius

Just now, Cornholio said:

It'll be like buying a game on Steam. You'll just buy it.

With no packages ? i mean only  specified price ?

4 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

With no packages ? i mean only  specified price ?

I mean I guess if they wanted they could make packaged deals for it but I'm assuming when it comes out it'll have a base price of 29.99$

So the final game will be released after beta verison , you have any idea about the release date of the final game ?

9 minutes ago, Pro-Genius said:

So the final game will be released after beta verison , you have any idea about the release date of the final game ?

Sometime in 2018. Module is supposed to come out this year. Beta later and then release in 2018

29 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I mean I guess if they wanted they could make packaged deals for it but I'm assuming when it comes out it'll have a base price of 29.99$

No, base price of $45 confirmed for steam!

@Pro-Genius The game is heavily discounted right now at $15 for pre-order, if you don't get a package before the 1st module release, you will most likely miss out on some packages and the discounted prices.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

@Pro-Genius The game is heavily discounted right now at $15 for pre-order, if you don't get a package before the 1st module release, you will most likely miss out on some packages and the discounted prices.

45$?! Holy fuck that's ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

45$?! Holy fuck that's ridiculous 

Steam has taxes so really they only have it that price because they will make like $30 as the taxes.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Steam has taxes so really they only have it that price because they will make like $30 as the taxes.

I just can't see a justification. I need to buy that 15$ version fast. Because I'm a greedy little troll with my money and don't like spending it on stuff like this. My money is slipping out of my pocket already with RDR2, Star Citizen, Survive The Nights and Identity. MY MONEY CANT BE TREATED LIKE THIS JAMES

Just now, JamesLuck01 said:

So if we purchased a citizen package at 15$ we also have to wait until the final game is released maybe in mid 2018 , which means about 1 year and half of waiting !!

2 hours ago, Pro-Genius said:

So if we purchased a citizen package at 15$ we also have to wait until the final game is released maybe in mid 2018 , which means about 1 year and half of waiting !!

yes, if you get the $15 citizen package, you will have to wait until release or you can wait and pay an extra $30 on top of that. So buy it early if you want it cheaper and have no problem waiting!!

Just to add onto the other comments, though there is a confirmed price for final release on steam, I'd also put money on different packages being available to choose from on steam. eg $60 for a set amount of in game money etc 

40 minutes ago, samrichardsonn said:

Just to add onto the other comments, though there is a confirmed price for final release on steam, I'd also put money on different packages being available to choose from on steam. eg $60 for a set amount of in game money etc 

It could happen but that would take away the point of being a early backer and will also make the game more pay2win in a way.

I would not expect anything other than the base game really, but there could be more like you say but I wouldn't bet on it!

Edited by JamesLuck01

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

It could happen but that would take away the point of being a early backer and will also make the game more pay2win.

Personally I think early access to the game is the main reward of being an early backer, the in game money etc is just a bonus. 

I wouldn't call it pay2win as it isn't really affecting game play, if they were to offer 'gun packages' etc then I'd call it pay2win  

I think on a money perspective it would be better to leave the expensive packages cuz moar money = moar feature? = profit? BUT if they do that it must have different bonues, i don't want to see non backers have the same goodies as backers who bought it on kickstarter or later, maybe moar special items for backers?

Right now i'dd rather see the game done but if they can get more money after release and not make it P2W then i wouldn't mind

47 minutes ago, samrichardsonn said:

Personally I think early access to the game is the main reward of being an early backer, the in game money etc is just a bonus. 

I wouldn't call it pay2win as it isn't really affecting game play, if they were to offer 'gun packages' etc then I'd call it pay2win  

Yes, true but to a certain point they gave the backers a added bonus and also kept the "Money" low in the packages. This clearly is so that people don't have too much of a start + why give people the opportunities to get even similar items as us when they had 2 years with the chance. I don't think people just buying the game should get anything else other than the game because people buying the citizen package don't get that, yeah it is a heavily cheaper option right now and well the money being thing to early backers are supposed to be unique extras, giving people that chance after release removes the good unique money part from early backers. I just really don't think giving that option after full release is right because we put our money and trust early and so why should they get extra rewards when they did not give early trust.

40 minutes ago, ST_Helios said:

I think on a money perspective it would be better to leave the expensive packages cuz moar money = moar feature? = profit? BUT if they do that it must have different bonues, i don't want to see non backers have the same goodies as backers who bought it on kickstarter or later, maybe moar special items for backers?

Right now i'dd rather see the game done but if they can get more money after release and not make it P2W then i wouldn't mind

I guess but I stand to the point that they should not get that opportunity because they didn't give extra trust in the game when it was in development and so should not get an extra thank you from the developers with extra in-game rewards.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yes, true but to a certain point they gave the backers a added bonus and also kept the "Money" low in the packages. This clearly is so that people don't have too much of a start + why give people the opportunities to get even similar items as us when they had 2 years with the chance. I don't think people just buying the game should get anything else other than the game because people buying the citizen package don't get that, yeah it is a heavily cheaper option right now and well the money being thing to early backers are supposed to be unique extras, giving people that chance after release removes the good unique money part from early backers. I just really don't think giving that option after full release is right because we put our money and trust early and so why should they get extra rewards when they did not give early trust.

I guess but I stand to the point that they should not get that opportunity because they didn't give extra trust in the game when it was in development and so should not get an extra thank you from the developers with extra in-game rewards.

Yeah I agree with that, I'm hoping it's not the case but I've seen it happen many times in the past with other games. 

4 minutes ago, samrichardsonn said:

Yeah I agree with that, I'm hoping it's not the case but I've seen it happen many times in the past with other games. 

Well I am not sure it will but I think that because they already said on the store page as I quote: 

With the upcoming launch of the new Identity shop, many of the items listed on this crowdfunding page will no longer be available, such as all insured vehicles and currency. Furthermore, the price of most items listed here will bump up to their standard prices which will be considerably more expensive. Now is your time to save money and get a head start which won't be available much longer! 

Also the next part I quote:

The below packages are only available for a limited time, and will no longer be sold after the release of the Town Square module. Prices are also heavily discounted at this time.

This says that packages are only going to be there for a little bit more time; roughly 6 - 8 weeks as that will be the beginning of April on the 7th week.

We have 6 and a half weeks if no delays as that will be the end of march / Q1 which is Saturday 1st April 2017.

ِِAnd of course there will be announcement about the first module has finished and gonna be released , before discount ends , right ?

I just wish there was an option to buy a small piece of land. I wouldn't be a dick about it, but I would let people hunt and camp on my property and host community events. I love the outdoors and with owning my own property people could hunt all they want.

can somebody clarify for me, I've pledged $500 dollars or whatever the equivalent is in the UK towards identity, does that mean my copy of identity is paid for and if so how will steam recognize I've pledged and pre-purchased the game?

thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

can somebody clarify for me, I've pledged $500 dollars or whatever the equivalent is in the UK towards identity, does that mean my copy of identity is paid for and if so how will steam recognize I've pledged and pre-purchased the game?

thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure how it'll work is Asylum will email you a specific code with your pledge contents in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arky said:

I'm pretty sure how it'll work is Asylum will email you a specific code with your pledge contents in it.

so i assume said code will be used on steam to download the game which will include all pledged items.

7 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

so i assume said code will be used on steam to download the game which will include all pledged items.

I guess. Sorta like buying a code off of G2A and then just redeeming it.

• Like 1