Xilion

Truth vs. roleplay -> what to believe

Hey guys,

I've been reading the forums and so far, I notice that there's a lot of fun posts going on about what people aspire to do, going to great lengths to give their ideas more body by making artwork etc. I welcome this and think it's fun!

However, on the other side I notice quite a lot of people are commenting on posts with answers such as "Yes, this will be in the game" and "No, you will not be able to do <topic>".

I am wondering where people get their facts from. Other than the official channels, I think it's not contributing to the credibility of both the people in question and Identity as a whole to go overboard with 'facts'. Truth is we don't know that much about the game yet...

So, my two cents: when people ask questions about in-game topics, rules, jobs, items, etc., please remind yourself that if you cannot possibly know whether or not something will be implemented, it makes you look really silly if you act all knowing :)

Well actually most answers are done by moderators such as @JamesLuck01 that know what they are talking about. Also people get their facts from Identity's Twitter Page or their sub reddit where they just did a huge answering session a couple of days ago. So if you feel like they are wrong, check who answered and fact check them if you truly feel as if they are wrong. 

Edited by Jackabm

2 hours ago, Jackabm said:

Well actually most answers are done by moderators such as @JamesLuck01 that know what they are talking about. 

I am NOT a moderator, I just get a lot of my factual answers from resources e.g. twitter, Q&A and also Motown and HairyGrenade (Community manager and a Moderator) When they give the answers on the forum and also else where. I read ALL questions on this forum, I read ALL question and answers given on twitter or in any other resource spot for Identity. #I did start somewhere without the knowledge. 

2 hours ago, Jackabm said:

their sub reddit where they just did a huge answering session a couple of days ago.

A couple days ago is a understatement, it was in fact 2 weeks ago (14 days) as the Q&A was on "Friday 13th January 2017".

I only note that for the purpose of them thinking it was less than a week since that. Which they would not find a announcement about it a few days ago.

@Xilion You will know if I am sure or not because if I answer, I will most likely say "But I am unsure" then I will mention a moderator to give his knowledge. I also get my facts from the official channels which I check every day! Mainly twitter and from other places too. However if I am certain about the answer, it is because I have seen it answered a "Million times already". So You will know if I answer with certainty or uncertainty if I do.

(PS: There are some trolls on the forum, but I guarantee you that I will post on most Q&A/ idea/suggestion posts.)

Regards, 

James.

Are you trying to start a Fake News issue in the forum? Lol

Hairygrenade is a moderator whom speaks with the devs to solve questions needing answers.

Jamesluck is like a moderator he uses all info available to find answers to as many questions as he can (like you should before claiming info Givin is false) he also states in all of his posts whether what he is saying is his own opinion.

So, my two cents: when people like you make statements about people without mentioning names, about their inaccurate answers to in-game topics, rules, jobs, items, etc., please remind yourself that if you cannot possibly know whether or not (due to lack of searching on your part) its true, it makes you look really silly if you act all knowing.;)

Edited by Homicyd

10 minutes ago, Homicyd said:

Are you trying to start a Fake News issue in the forum? Lol

Hairygrenade is a moderator whom speaks with the devs to solve questions needing answers.

Jamesluck is also a moderator he uses all info available to find answers to as many questions as he can (like you should before claiming info Givin is false) he also states in all of his posts whether what he is saying is his own opinion.

So, my two cents: when people like you make statements about people without mentioning names, about their inaccurate answers to in-game topics, rules, jobs, items, etc., please remind yourself that if you cannot possibly know whether or not (due to lack of searching on your part) its true, it makes you look really silly if you act all knowing.;)

James is not a moderator why do people think he is? 

He does all the things a moderator would do... he helps everyone, and does what he can to help get answers to questions. The "Moderator" tag isn't necessarily needed to help others is it?

I know you did man I was typing while you posted that. :|

11 minutes ago, Homicyd said:

He does all the things a moderator would do... he helps everyone, and does what he can to help get answers to questions. The "Moderator" tag isn't necessarily needed to help others is it?

I did write this in my defense. I also edited my first stetement... 

I feel so attacked. xD

Seeing all the reactions on this post basically proves my point. Everyone has a certain idea about who's a moderator, who isn't.

There's ideas on what is true, what isn't. There's ideas on who SHOULD be writing the truth, who isn't.

My two cents in this is just that: There's so many varieties of the truth out there that I sometimes don't know what to believe. I'm not mentioning names simply because I don't want to falsely accuse anyone, on anything. I wholeheartedly believe that there's a few people in our community who are active on social media, who talk with the devs, who hear a lot of things and then tell us. Honestly, I do believe that.

But looking at all the posts about all the different kinds of jobs, shops, companies, etc. etc. which I cannot compare to what has been officially promised as actual in-game content, then I feel there's a sense of disconnection between what is actually going to be in the game, and what people HOPE will be in the game, stated as a fact. Fact is that a lot of topics on this forum simply are based on hopes. And nothing more. And it saddens me that people go to great lengths to defend posts like that, where in actuality nothing whatsoever has been promised to be in the game.

I think, in conclusion, it would help to let people know that this game (in the current state) is not some form of Second Life; it's not what you make of it. It is what the devs will provide. And that will be a lot, and it will be awesome and I really cannot wait to see it, but it will all be confined to what they deliver.

• Like 1

Majority of the people starting businesses are doing it for the role playing.for instance, there isnt content to run a private sucurity service, but you can create a business with a specific uniform and gun permit and role play as private security, or bodyguard. The game will have the basics, which will allow people to use their rp imaginations. You don't need specific content to role play.

These forums are not for answering questions only, but for people to enjoy rp as well. (Which i see you have a very tuned love of) People are excited.

They understand the state of the game. Most people have been here for the better part of a year and have been following the game.

For people asking about the game, their questions are answered from reliable sources (twitter, reddit, and other dev interviews) or they are told where find them.

About all these "hopes" that people have about the game, let them enjoy the time until release. What people are doing and saying in the forum does not negatively affect people why does it matter so much.

When the game is released we will all see what content is provided. 

BTW I'm not trying to be rude, just have a different opinion on forum actions I guess. I only believe what I hear and see from the devs. If people do their research about the game like they should, then when they stumble across a role play with unverified info, then they should take it for what it is ( ie an entertaining role play)

Edited by Homicyd
  • Like 3

I like your point of view, Cyd :) And I agree, part of the fun at this stage is anticipation and rp!

A business doesnt need to be hard coded intro the game in order for people to run it. The only thing needed is for people to be creative enough in manipulating the systems that already exist.