leefatty

CCTV / Multi-server File Share

CCTV  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see CCTV implemented into IDENTITY?

Will there be any areas under CCTV surveillance? So that if there was a murder/robbery in the surrounding area, the police could go back and look out for suspicious behaviour or build a rough time scale of people entering and leaving the area. I think that would be a really nice touch.

And on a quick note, would there be anyway to have let's say, two servers running side by side so maybe one take the a heavy load of the data and the other can take maybe things like, surveillance, police files, ect. sort of like a remote access server for misc files.

1 hour ago, leefatty said:

Will there be any areas under CCTV surveillance? So that if there was a murder/robbery in the surrounding area, the police could go back and look out for suspicious behaviour or build a rough time scale of people entering and leaving the area. I think that would be a really nice touch.

And on a quick note, would there be anyway to have let's say, two servers running side by side so maybe one take the a heavy load of the data and the other can take maybe things like, surveillance, police files, ect. sort of like a remote access server for misc files.

1. could be possible.

2. No but you may need to elaborate on this.

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

1. could be possible.

2. No but you may need to elaborate on this.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to have one server running all the heavy tasks (player positions, world dynamics, particles, ect).  Then maybe have like a slave server taking on secondary tasks, running other information so that you could spread the workload and maybe be able to get more player on any server at a time (things like store banking information, CCTV, just information that could be called on when needed to free up room for players). 

Thank you for your responses! 

Lee Calder.

29 minutes ago, leefatty said:

I was just wondering if it would be possible to have one server running all the heavy tasks (player positions, world dynamics, particles, ect).  Then maybe have like a slave server taking on secondary tasks, running other information so that you could spread the workload and maybe be able to get more player on any server at a time (things like store banking information, CCTV, just information that could be called on when needed to free up room for players). 

Thank you for your responses! 

Lee Calder.

Oh i thought it was that, and I would doubt that they will do that as it will cost a lot of money (double for each official server).

It would be good if they did that!

Edited by JamesLuck01

14 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Oh i thought it was that, and I would doubt that they will do that as it will cost a lot of money (double for each official server).

It would be good if they did that!

Yeah I thought that would be the case.  If the game lives up to the hype (maybe then they could set a small online fee for lager official servers) this could be a good idea. 

2 hours ago, leefatty said:

Yeah I thought that would be the case.  If the game lives up to the hype (maybe then they could set a small online fee for lager official servers) this could be a good idea. 

no online fee, just no. We don't want a subscription game, they don't and also well they won't need that to make more player slot servers. just having that extra box taking all the resources would be not worth it.