Luck

communication

I heard that communication will be done over VOIP but will there still be a typing feature, I know that back on ArmA if I was multitasking such as watching a youtube video on the side I'd prefer to type over talk and im sure a lot of people share this feeling as well. So will the typing feature be there?

17 minutes ago, Luck said:

I heard that communication will be done over VOIP but will there still be a typing feature, I know that back on ArmA if I was multitasking such as watching a youtube video on the side I'd prefer to type over talk and im sure a lot of people share this feeling as well. So will the typing feature be there?

I recall in one of the videos that text chat will be there but downplayed a bit to make way for VOIP. To me, all I got out of that is you will be able to do both.

4 minutes ago, MrNLM said:

I recall in one of the videos that text chat will be there but downplayed a bit to make way for VOIP. To me, all I got out of that is you will be able to do both.

I saw that as well but recently (looking at some of the dev updates) and forum posts its been mentionned less and less so I was hoping its still there

4 minutes ago, Luck said:

I saw that as well but recently (looking at some of the dev updates) and forum posts its been mentionned less and less so I was hoping its still there

I have not dipped into other avenues for information much so forgive me for that. It would be nice if a chat log is integrated into our character's every day living instead of a rolling portion of text in the corner of the screen. Maybe make it a cell phone app in game or have chat logs show up on big screen billboards at the heart of Town Square. Its different... maybe too different.

• Like 1

I'm sure there will be a text feature or at least a quick response for communication out side of VOIP. I completely understand the angle of VOIP only, as well as fears of being forced to use VOIP. I see it this way, the gaming community has become a bit reclusive when it comes to verbal communication. When playing solo it's your narrative and you don't want someone's voice let alone opinion sleek into your realm. It's ok to admit, we've all done it. Why VOIP is a must here is because this isn't just your world now. It's every bodies. What this is, is one big social experiment, to note not what we think but how we think. About ourselves, and about each other. This being said verbal communication is a must. 

But as far as text communication you have the messaging app on your smartphone and computer to send text based replies. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luck said:

Yes it's a feature.