Alastar327

Hello Identity! -Alastar

Hello Everyone!

A Games Design Student in the UK here, this project really caught my attention!

Always disliked MMO's for their grinding and linear objective in an open world setting, but this looks fantastic!

My only question is, is that are the goals of this project realistic? I'm not sure if anyone will read this but, I have to question whether this game will be able to deliver on what it hopes to do, it sounds like a life time's worth of scripts and modelling to create half the amount of things in the game world. However I know I know it was mentioned a lot of the models and items and perhaps even scripts, may be user created. I could perhaps see this working in a similar fashion to Garry's mod or Second Life, and the amount of content that has been created already is astonishing, not to mention unreal 4 is a great engine. But it would be nice to eventually have details around how that works. Will most of the important items be created by the developers? Will there be in-game currency people can sell their custom made models, items, scripts and textures with? Etc.

Welcome

18 minutes ago, Alastar327 said:

Will most of the important items be created by the developers?

correct, I'm pretty sure

18 minutes ago, Alastar327 said:

Will there be in-game currency people can sell their custom made models, items, scripts and textures with? Etc.

Probably not on scripts. but for clothing, hats, paintings, books and others if that's what you mean by models and textures than yes. 

Welcome @Alastar327! What are you specifically studying for game design? I'm a 3D modeler and hoping to go to college for game development. Everything will be created by the devs for now as there are no plans to allow user-created assets or modding for Identity. 

If you need anything feel free to send me a PM! :D

Hello and Welcome to the identity community!

Please feel free to use the resources on this forum/ website to gather information on the game.

If you have not found something within the resources, please don't hesitate to ask as everyone here is happy to help!

Cheerio!

Greetings @Alastar327 Welcome to the community. You have many good questions and I see that some people are already able to answer some of your questions. Please look around and ask more questions! Everyone here is excited about the game and the possibilities. I hope you find some answers and that folks around here are pretty friendly. It is a great community. Glad to have you here.

Family First, Mission Always. Stay Safe.

On 12/13/2016 at 11:33 AM, HairyGrenade said:

Welcome @Alastar327! What are you specifically studying for game design? I'm a 3D modeler and hoping to go to college for game development. Everything will be created by the devs for now as there are no plans to allow user-created assets or modding for Identity. 

If you need anything feel free to send me a PM! :D

Hehe thanks a lot! And as for what I'm specifying in personally, only in the first year of it at the moment but 3D modeling is primarily what I want to go for, but because I really enjoy it and I'll probably make my portfolio look a lot better I'd like to also become very familiar with environment and level design, because UE4 is just so fun and so efficient to use, especially for sketching up basic levels and structures! But I bet a lot of Games Designers probably also say that haha. xD

And damn, yeah, I'd like to be optimistic but what I see of the modeling, the quality of all the textures, (Don't think I've seen many animations other then the 1st person gun perspective aiming in animation), etc... It all looks extremely high quality, something I'd expect from a AA standard. 

Then again, two lads around the studio, along with just 1 programmer who they had as a friend called themselves white paper games created this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/265950/  , bit of a walking simulator but I guess it shows what a small team, even just of 3 people can achieve when they really put the hours in. 

Anyone awesome to see so many responses and liveliness from these forums, and I hope the devs consider allowing user created content, would certainly help drive an MMO economy and such, and add a heck of a lot of life to the game without the developers constantly needed to add new content to prevent the game from growing stagnant. ^^

6 hours ago, Alastar327 said:

Hehe thanks a lot! And as for what I'm specifying in personally, only in the first year of it at the moment but 3D modeling is primarily what I want to go for, but because I really enjoy it and I'll probably make my portfolio look a lot better I'd like to also become very familiar with environment and level design, because UE4 is just so fun and so efficient to use, especially for sketching up basic levels and structures! But I bet a lot of Games Designers probably also say that haha. xD

And damn, yeah, I'd like to be optimistic but what I see of the modeling, the quality of all the textures, (Don't think I've seen many animations other then the 1st person gun perspective aiming in animation), etc... It all looks extremely high quality, something I'd expect from a AA standard. 

Then again, two lads around the studio, along with just 1 programmer who they had as a friend called themselves white paper games created this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/265950/  , bit of a walking simulator but I guess it shows what a small team, even just of 3 people can achieve when they really put the hours in. 

Anyone awesome to see so many responses and liveliness from these forums, and I hope the devs consider allowing user created content, would certainly help drive an MMO economy and such, and add a heck of a lot of life to the game without the developers constantly needed to add new content to prevent the game from growing stagnant. ^^

We should chat sometime I do 3D modeling as well! What program do you use? I'm currently using Maya and have been for about 2 years now. You should PM me your portfolio, I'd love to check it out!