Steve_Costello

Reporters and Journalism?

What about having a news network? People that create and print newspapers, that can be found in almost every shop, about every bit of news that has happened? It'd be cool to see how people could create newspapers, news programs on TV and even news stations on the radio.

24 minutes ago, Steve_Costello said:

People that create and print newspapers

Confirmed already that players will be able to make the newspapers, but they will automatically be distributed...

24 minutes ago, Steve_Costello said:

news programs on TV

No news via cameras because it costs too much on the network!

31 minutes ago, Steve_Costello said:

What about having a news network? People that create and print newspapers, that can be found in almost every shop, about every bit of news that has happened? It'd be cool to see how people could create newspapers, news programs on TV and even news stations on the radio.

Well Devs have stated that the TV will stream YouTube,  so in theory any player could create a news program and upload it via YouTube for the community to watch in game. 

They haven't given much information on how this will work exactly, but it would appear possible. 

I think that it would be awesome to see news networks pop up for Identity,  and I am curious to how the news could impact the community's view on politics, crime, etc. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

Well Devs have stated that the TV will stream YouTube,  so in theory any player could create a news program and upload it via YouTube for the community to watch in game. 

They haven't given much information on how this will work exactly, but it would appear possible. 

I think that it would be awesome to see news networks pop up for Identity,  and I am curious to how the news could impact the community's view on politics, crime, etc. 

Thats actually so cool.

3 hours ago, The1TheOnlyGonzo said:

I'd love to see someone take the time to properly greenscreen, record, and edit such a thing to make it look like it's an actual News Channel. Then when players in the game played the video it would look like an actual Tv Channel rather than a random Youtube video.

Like they would cover what happened in real life in terms of development and forum news, then have it begin covering events that happened recently in the game (Like popular court cases, big wrecks, murders or even drug busts); Then show like interviews from witnesses or police officers. Or like during election season have the runner-ups be interviewed and shown off on the channel. 

Man whoever claims that idea is gonna have a lot of fun with it.. ;) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, QuannTann said:

I'd love to see someone take the time to properly greenscreen, record, and edit such a thing to make it look like it's an actual News Channel. Then when players in the game played the video it would look like an actual Tv Channel rather than a random Youtube video.

Like they would cover what happened in real life in terms of development and forum news, then have it begin covering events that happened recently in the game (Like popular court cases, big wrecks, murders or even drug busts); Then show like interviews from witnesses or police officers. Or like during election season have the runner-ups be interviewed and shown off on the channel. 

Man whoever claims that idea is gonna have a lot of fun with it.. ;) 

My thoughts exactly! 

But weren't livestreaming video already confirmd?  

"A television you can actually watch streaming gameplay of other people playing Identity at any given time".

(Taken from the Identity Overview video).

So if it's possible to watch livestreams in the game, players could actually livestream the news footage instead of having to pre-record them and upload to youtube. This would also mean that we would be able to watch ongoing live cop chases, which would be pretty awesome.

Edited by Ubbe

5 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No news via cameras because it costs too much on the network!

Just as @JamesLuck01said before there can't be cameras in that sense. However @Ubbe  by Livestream's they could mean things like Twitch.tv; Though I wish that we could have a news network in game, I just think it would require too much server processing power to send out a live video to all the tv's in a city. :) 

But hey thinking optimistically maybe they meant that by in the future we would be able to truly livestream the action of a shootout or a chase!

10 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

I'm pretty sure you can stream like a Cop chase or something on twitch and you can check on your TV

Indeed you could! It would just depend on the cop or reporter's ability to run the game and stream it at the same time. :) 

Just now, QuannTann said:

Indeed you could! It would just depend on the cop or reporter's ability to run the game and stream it at the same time. :) 

Yea that's going to be a issue, how can someone run a heavy game and also record lol

• Like 1

It would be pretty cool to see like a massive terrorist attack, i.e a car bombing town square lol and then news helicopter flying from above taking an ariel shot and reporting on all the damage and casualties. Meanwhile, people sitting at home watching on their t.v thinking "oh my god." 

So, I rarely write anything on the forum, but this cought my attention. I think its entirely possible to record and upload to youtube. And if the youtube video is only accessable through a link (which you can set when uploading a video) then using that link, you can stream it off into Identity only. And for livestreaming, you can maybe use a third party software to record your screen (maybe if there were someway of removing the HUD) that you then can individually tune into on your tv/ laptop/ radio/ phone/ tablet, etc... Just some thoughts, that may strenthen this thread. And now, since ive taken the time and energy to login to my unused account, ima go and post a suggestion about multiplayer that Ive been thinking about since I found this game...

23 hours ago, KingBen1223 said:

It would be pretty cool to see like a massive terrorist attack, i.e a car bombing town square lol and then news helicopter flying from above taking an ariel shot and reporting on all the damage and casualties. Meanwhile, people sitting at home watching on their t.v thinking "oh my god." 

It has been confirmed that there will be no airborne vehicles. However, the person committing the crime or a cop could definetely live stream it themselves.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

It has been confirmed that there will be no airborne vehicles. However, the person committing the crime or a cop could definetely live stream it themselves.

I know but still, it's fun to imagine lol