Sign in to follow this  
WyzDub

Voting System

I posted this in the Podium first, but I think it's more appropriate here.

I and another soon to be Identity player that I know IRL were having a discussion about politics and then brought Identity.  We are both proponents of Ranked Voting System (like was just passed in Maine) ... It's designed to encourage more political parties and make it harder for 2 parties to end up dominating a system over time...

So this brought up an interesting set of questions, "What voting system will Identity use? Will different servers have different voting systems?  Which system would be the most fun in political game environment?"

Just thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone had any thoughts on this. I for one would love to see different servers with different voting systems or better yet the current Governor being able to change the voting system... but I understand not every one is as big a political nerd as I am.

• Like 1

I agree, It should not be that 1 party gets all the power for months on end. And maybe also a limit to the amount of power. Otherwise they might abuse their powers.

Well funny enough, I just tweeted asking about how long the player government will be in power for as I want my servers to allow 3 weeks in-power, the first 2 weeks are the weeks of power mainly and the last week is for the majority of campaigning for the next election term. so 2 weeks in power and the last week to campaign to try get in office again.

don't worry. the player government will let all other participants get killed by some wannabe gangs to make sure he will be the next one again.